Chapter 2

The next day, Alex brought Kara to the circular clearing so she can start her training to fight with a sword. Zeus' daughter had a hard time finding a weapon at her convenience, so she took a sword that was slightly too big despite her sister's advice. In the clearing some other young people were training, including Hades' daughter, always graceful in the fight. But Kara noticed another girl who seemed to be waiting for her. Alex approached the girl in war gear and said hello by taking her in her arms. Kara suprised by her sisters action, approached the girl Alex was hugging.
"Hello." said the blonde, her mind full of questions.
"Kara, this is Sam Arias, daughter of Ares." Her sister said.
"Hi Kara, I've heard a lot about you. My name is Sam." She presented herself, holding out her hand.
"We're going to train you today, Sam is one of the best swordsmen in the colony." 

Sam laughed nervously, embarrassed by Alex's compliment and smirked. Kara's training began with the parade. Sam was kicking Kara and as it went, Alex pointed out her mistakes to improve her defense. Despite her weapon, who was indeed too big, she managed to get along with the other demigods using the same sword, and had good reflexes. After the parade, they went to the commitments and the elemental rush but this time Kara had to fight against Alex. Kara was unsuccessful to hit Alex the first few times of the training but with Sam's advices she eventually managed to hit her a few times.
"Well done! Now we're going to do duels, Kara I'll show you how a real fight is going with Alex as my trainings partner." Sam explained.

The duel ended very quickly, Alex had barely engaged the iron before Sam disarmed her. It was Kara's turn to fight against Ares's daughter, but like her sister before, she found herself unarmed, Sam's sword threatening her chest. Kara heard a few laughs around her, other half-bloods, most of the boarders had stopped fighting to see Zeus' daughter in action. They called for another duel, Alex immediately volunteered and both the Danvers sisters began to fight. The fight lasted longer than before but Alex, more experienced and the sword of Kara unbalanced, won the fight.
"Good job." Alex whispered.

Kara had noticed that Hades' daughter was looking at her, safe behind the group until several people pushed her towards the center. They wanted to see a duel between the daughter of Zeus and Hades. Kara hesitated because she had just arrived and did not even talk to Lena once. Kara was feeling a lot of pressure on her shoulders. She had to fight the beauty in front of her just like her father fought with Hades but neither of them where their fathers! As for Lena... she didn't know if she wanted to fight with Kara but the pressure of the group told her that the fight was inevitable.