Chapter 5

Chiron looked down at the half-blood he had in front of him, took a deep breath, and spoke with a grave tone the prophecy that froze Kara's blood.

"Thunder's child, Shadow's child, the east they will join, the blood they will pour in. The eight shames of Olympus will come back, from the bowels of the Earth they will come out and from the cursed hand of a parent, the children of the Big Three will perish;"

The centaur lowered his head, the chief of the bungalow "Apollo" spoke.

"Well, the prophecy is pretty clear, no?" said the gray-eyed girl. "Luthor and the new one must leave for the East."

"No, Lucy, I'll go alone, Kara just arrived, she will not go on a quest." Lena answered.

"We do not care a bit about that, she is the daughter of Zeus, she's all powerful!" said the above named Lucy.

Kara felt a deep rage mount in her, she wanted to swing the table to the head of the daughter of Apollo but before she could do anything, Lena retorted for her.

"It is not our parents who made our strength, our power, daughter of Zeus or not, she does not come."

"Sorry Lena, but you have no choice, the prophecy talks about you and Kara, do not force the fate, especially for the demi-gods" says Chiron. "The file is closed, you will leave tomorrow, it will be a quick quest in any case, so you'll be back soon. "

Chiron raised the session, Lena went off in a rush of not being listened to, Kara felt a little hurt to have upset her but she was happy to go on a quest. Alex advised her to go to the armory to equip herself, so Kara searched for some weapons for her quest. She once again tested several swords, shields, but nothing was as good as the day before. It was then that Kara heard hooves slam on the ground, Chiron had just entered in the armory.

"You don't find something for your convenience?" asked the centaur.

"No ... everything is too big, or too small" the half-goddess grumbled.

"Don't worry, it's normal, when you were born, your father drilled weapons just for you, he left them for the day you arrived at the Colony."

Kara did not have the time to argue that Zeus would never do that because he did not have much to do with his daughter, that Chiron had released a dial watch and some sort of little dagger with a metal handle. Kara grabbed the objects as she looked at Chiron, who told her to try them, she put the watch on and pressed the dial. A bronze shield was released all around the arm of the demi-goddess with engraved on the cut head of the gorgon, Medusa. Kara looked at her little blade and saw a sort of button under the metal handle, she pressed it and the dagger turned into a perfectly balanced spear. The half-blood was watching the weapons closely and when Chiron left her alone she felt the tears come to her eyes, her father had thought of her at least once, he had even engraved in ancient Greek inside the shield "Για την κόρη μου, κάνοντας καλή χρήση " which meant," For my daughter, make good use out of it." Kara smoothed her head, smiling and feeling hot tears running down her cheeks. She turned around and thought she saw Lena, smiling at her, yet she disappeared in a flash, leaving the usual dark aura floating in the area.