■ THIRTY ■

"So you and James huh?" A voice said from behind me.

I looked away from James playing basketball to see Kai sit down behind me. "Yeah," was all I replied with.

Kai had never spoken to me before, he'd been one of James's friends while he was in the whole popular scene. "Good luck with that," Kai laughed out.

Frowning, I turned to face him properly.

"Do you have a problem?" I asked, crossing my arms.

His eyes widened for a moment before he seemed to accept the challenge. "Kinda, I guess, James seems happy, I hate it," he admitted, shrugging his shoulders.

"Aren't you with Caitlyn now?" I asked, annoyed.

"Yeah, so?"

"So what? You're not happy with your new girlfriend or something?" I asked, glancing back towards James playing basketball.

"Or something, you know James caused so much shit in Caitlyn's life, treated her terribly, I'm just warning you that he'll do the same to you."

My mouth fell open. How could someone be so freaking daft and stupid. "Get away from me Kai, before I lose my cool," I said angrily.

A smirk flitted onto his face. "You know you're more like him than I thought, I thought at least I could have a civil conversation with you instead of being thrown into lockers," Kai replied with a roll of his eyes.

Standing up, I faced him.

"For your information asshole, your girlfriend is the problem and has always been the problem and by the looks of it, she has you wrapped around her pretty little pinky and making you do her dirty work for her," I snapped.

The coach blew the whistle, finishing the game.

"If I were you Kai, I would open my eyes and try to see past her fake boobs and fake smile to see that she treats everyone like shit and undoubtedly you like shit too, James got out with a few scratches, but boy she's already got her claws into you." I finished.

Kai stood also. "I don't appreciate you talking shit about my girl!" He exclaimed.

"And I don't appreciate you trying to convince my girl that I'm the bad guy. What? Does Caitlyn miss me or something?" James's voice asked, as he walked up beside me.

Kai's face was turning red.

"Get lost or I'll do worse than throw you into lockers," James added.

Kai turned on his heel and stormed away from the bleachers, his hands clenched into fists. "He's not going to let this go, you know?" I asked, glancing at James.

His head had followed Kai's movement but turned to look at me when I had started to speak. "I know but I don't care, he's not my problem," he said shrugging one shoulder.

James leaned in and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "Let me get showered and changed and we'll walk to class," he said before turning around and guiding me off the bleachers.

I waited for him at the entrance to the locker room, as he showered and redressed. Emerging, he took my hand and slung his bag over his shoulder with his other hand.

"What do you want to do this afternoon?" He asked as we walked out of the gym.

"How about go for ice cream and then to our favourite spot?" I replied with a smile.

He glanced at me, his face relaxing.

"Sounds good," he replied.

We stopped at his locker, and I pressed my back to the cold metal as he punched in his code and shoved his gym bag inside. Smiling, I looked down the hallway, only for my smile to vanish.

"James," I said, catching his attention.

He looked at me before following my eyes. He slammed his locker closed. "Hey!" He yelled before sprinting.

I followed closely behind him, getting there in time just to pull Chase away from Kai. "You son of a bitch, going after my brother!" James snapped.

Leaning Chase against the lockers, I inspected his blackening eye and busted lip.

"He deserved it!" Kai snapped back.

James pushed him backwards. "What are you trying to do Kai? Because first you go after my girlfriend and now my brother, are you trying to make me fight you!" James exclaimed.

Through the drawing crowd, I spotted Cailtyn leaning on the lockers with a smile on her face. Anger washed over me.

How dare she treat people like games. How dare she continue to torture James when he had finally broken free.

Chase grabbed my hand as if he knew what I was thinking. "I'll be right back," I promised him.

Kai and James were still shouting at each other as I pushed through the crowd. Upon seeing me, Caitlyn straightened up and her smile widened.

"You fucking bitch," I said calmly.

"What are you going to do? Go tell your mommy and daddy?" Caitlyn teased.

My hands curled into a fist. My parents had always told me to never solve problems with violence. But sometimes, people just needed to be punched in the face.

I walked towards her and she shrugged. "You can't hurt me, you're a weakling," she said, sounding oh so confident.

"I think one of us has underestimated the other,"  I replied before throwing my fist forward and cracking her straight across the face.

Her face swung to the side and she stumbled back. The group's attention seemed to swivel to us. Caitlyn lifted her her and touched her cheek, anger filling her eyes.

"Bitch!" She snapped.

She stepped forward, raising her hand to slap me but I stepped back and the hand swung by, not touching me. "Go to hell!" I exclaimed.

A hand touched my elbow and I looked over to see that James had appeared by my side. "Let it go, baby, she's not worth it," he said gently before shooting daggers at Caitlyn with his eyes.

I dropped my hand. "If I hear or see one of your little slaves near any of us again, I will kill you," I threatened Caitlyn as James pulled me back.

She narrowed her eyes.

A/N

Ahahahahahaha Christie got a good hit in and Caitlyn couldn't even slap back because she's weak.

Ahahahahahahahahaaha.

Good on James for stepping in before it got worse, because I believe Christie could cause some serious damage.

Don't forget to vote and comment!
Lots of love from, me xoxoxoxoxoxoxo