■ T E N ■

■ T E N ■

"Hey gorgeous," a voice said.

Turning my head, I saw Chase walk towards me.

"Gorgeous?" I asked raising an eyebrow, as he reached me.

"Trying out the pet name, do you like it?" He asked, securing an arm around my shoulders.

"Definitely not," I replied, looking up at him.

"Well I'll keep working on it," he said, lifting his hand to wave at his friends.

His attention was scattered but I needed to tell him that James knew about the plan.
"Chase, we need to talk," I said, opening my locker carefully.

I didn't know how he was goingto react to this.
"About?" He asked, sliding his arm off my shoulders.

I didn't get the chance to reply because James appeared at the end of the hallway and my  thoughts died. My stomach did little flip flops and I turned my head to look at Chase who had just greeted a friend who walked up to him.

Feeling eyes on me, I looked back at James to see him already looking at me. A smirk graced his face and I looked down, my cheeks flushing.

Damn it, how could he even do that to me. "You said we needed to talk?" Chase asked, bringing me back to the conversation at hand.

I looked away from James and back to Chase. "We can talk about it later," I said roughly.

My mind was completely wiped now.
He frowned. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah just a little tired," I lied.

"Okay well, I'm heading to classs, I'll pick you up from P.E, okay?" He asked, lifting a hand to brush some of my hair behind my ear.

"Okay," I echoed, fighting the urge to dodge his hand.

He leaned in and pressed a light kiss on my cheek. "I'll see you after class," he said before turning and walking away.

I watched him leave and my eyes went back to James, he slammed his locker closed and walked towards me.

I closed my locker as well. "James, he-" I was about to say hey when he just walked past me.

Sighing, I followed behind him to class. I waited outside of the boys locker room and my male classmates shot me weird looks as they walked past me.

The door opened and James walked out. He noticed me and sighed. "What the hell?" I whispered yelled.

"Can I help you?" James asked, walking past me.

"Yeah, you can stop being a dick for like ten seconds and tell me why I'm being ignored" I said, folding my arms.

He stopped and turned to look at me. "I'm not ignoring you, we're talking right now," he said, turning to face me.

I narrowed my eyes. "You know what, fine I don't give a shit," I exclaimed, throwing my arms up and pushing past him.

Our coach blew the whistle and I sat out. I wasn't in the mood to play anything so I simply watched.

Teams were made and boys took off their shirts. A game of basketball began and I soon lost interest. Instead, I found myself watching James.

He was actually kind of good at Basketball. He was built for it and had the height. He clapped hands with his classmates as they scored a basket.

I had seen James shirtless before, we were next door neighbours for christ sake and he was always in the garden. But I had never willingly kissed him, admitted to myself that he had an effect on me and then see him shirtless the next day.