Chapter 42 - A Promise

Start from the beginning

"Your body is telling me that this can definitely be done today." He spoke huskily in my ear. 

I needed to get to Dani. Something was wrong, and I know for a fact that if this starts, it will go on for longer than anticipated. This man craved me in ways I didn't know were possible. He could always extract a wilder side to me, and the second-trimester hormones were not helping my case. I turned around, releasing a breath I had been holding. I grabbed onto his wrist, stopping it from edging further in.

"I need to get to your sister. Something is wrong, Dom." 

His wild and lustful eyes bore into me. He let out a sigh before speaking. 

"Fine! I need a fucking cold shower." 

He huffed and walked away into the bathroom. I need a fucking cold shower myself. I left, making my way down the corridor towards Dani's room. I gently knocked on the door, then slowly opened it. I peeped inside to see Dani sitting at the end of her bed, the occasional sob escaping her. I closed the door behind me and made my way over to her. 

"Dani, what's going on?" I asked her softly as I sat down next to her, linking my fingers with hers. That's when she looked up at me. 

"Oh no, darling, you are smudging your make up." I started to get up to fix her but she pulled me back down. 

"I don't know what to do, Aria." Her voice was cracking. 

"With what? Are you getting cold feet? Because the Aston Martin is already out, I will grab your brother's keys and we can be gone in 5." 

She giggled and I was glad to hear a hint of amusement coming from her. Then she began shaking her head slightly. 

"No, I want to marry Marcel, I have no doubt about it." 

"Then tell me what's wrong, sweetheart." I edged her on. 

"I'm pregnant, Aria!" She exclaimed, her tears now falling at a quickened pace. "I know Dominic will lose it. He will punch Marcel again and ruin the wedding. I love my brother but he always hurts first, asks questions later. What if Marcel walks away because of Dom or because of the baby? What if he doesn't want the baby? What if-" 

"Whoa, honey, calm down." I cut her off. "First off, congratulations!" I pulled her into me and squeezed tightly. "Second, leave your brother to me." I gave her a wink causing her to chuckle. "And third, Marcel loves you. I can promise you he wants this. He wants you and he will want this baby. Don't doubt what you two have." 

She nodded her head, taking a few deep breaths. 

"Now, let's fix your make up and put you in your dress, shall we?" 

I got up, headed into the bathroom to collect the make up bag. When I returned, Dani was fixing her hair and pinning it back. She sat down, facing me, as I bent over and applied the makeup. Once we were done, I helped her into her gown, zipping it up for her. 

"You look beautiful, Dani." I placed my hands on both her arms. "Everything is going to turn out perfectly.  Now, I am going to deal with your brother then I will send him your way." 

I nodded at her before turning to leave. 

"Aria..." She called out to me. I turned and watched her close the distance between us, wrapping her arms around my neck. "Thank you so much. You are the best thing that has ever happened to my brother." 

She kissed my cheek then released me from her embrace. I gave her a sweet smile before leaving, making my way back to Dom's room. Our room. I sighed before walking inside. This conversation could go either way at this point.