Chapter 6 - Extravagance

Aria's POV

The car ride was awkward in the beginning but eased up as Dominic started receiving phone calls from the docks. Something about shipment issues. Honestly, I was just glad that it took away the heat from me. His eyes were starting to burn holes into the side of my head. 

The limo approached massive, tall black gates surrounded by men in black suits and sunglasses. How stereotypical. I rolled my eyes thinking about all those action movies. Dominic's voice broke my daydream. 

"We're here. Listen, I have a few issues to sort out urgently. Go straight to the kitchen. I will send someone to assist you to the guest room." Before I could say anything he walked away briskly. I stood there in disbelief. He just left me in the middle of his driveway with no idea as to where we are. 

I stepped out of the limo as the driver opened the door. 

"Thank you... um?" 

"Alfonso" He stated with a sweet smile. I returned it as I felt a little more at ease with his gesture.

"Aria." 

"I know," He said, grinning this time around. 

As I stepped out he closed the door then made his way to the back of the limo. That was when I noticed it. Such an extravagant front yard and a massive house that looked more like a hotel than someone's home. I could smell the salty water in the air. We must be close to the sea. The house was brightly lit with tons of greenery surrounding it. The limo was stopped behind a gorgeous clover-shaped fountain. I was in complete awe at what I was looking at. There were 2 tall palm trees on either side of the entrance door, which was made of frosted glass. 

"Shall we?" Alfonso stood next to me holding my bag. It took me a while to register him. 

"No, Alfonso! I will take my bag! I do not expect you to - "

"Nonsense Miss Aria! I know you do not expect it, however, out of respect I do." I was taken aback by his response. I knew better than to argue with him. Not that I could as he was already a few steps ahead of me. I began walking slowly after him, staring at the scenery around us.

I followed Alfonso through the massive front doors, then things really got beyond extravagant... It looked like I had just stepped into the foyer of some 5-star hotel. The floors looked marble-like, with 2 staircases, 1 on each side of me curving to meet at the top. Crystal chandeliers were hanging from the ceiling. In the middle of the curved staircases was a beautiful oval-shaped skylight. Honestly, it was a masterpiece. I noticed in front through the corridor between the staircases it led to the back yard which looked like a forest on its own. I got a glimpse of the outdoor pool and the gigantic patio area. I was broken from my admiring thoughts.

"This way Miss Aria." Alfonso motioned to my left. 

 I followed him as we entered the most gorgeous kitchen. Seriously, what does this man do to have this much money? Come to think of it, I never met his parents or came to his house in school so I have no idea if this was his childhood home. 

The kitchen was a wooden piece of art. The ceiling looked wooden along with all the cupboards. Even the fridge looked like a cupboard. I noticed this as there was an elderly lady busy taking food out of there as she prepared what I assumed to be dinner. There were 2 marbled islands. The one in the middle of the kitchen was a preparation island fitted with a sink. The stove and oven were against the wall in front of this island. Then wrapping around the kitchen was a second 2 leveled island. The first level facing the kitchen was filled with drawers and cupboards below. It also had another sink. Then it went up to a second level with chairs. I am assuming this to be like a breakfast nook. There were huge windows onlooking the garden. It was honestly exquisite and I could picture myself having coffee admiring the tranquil views.