Chapter 7 - Secrets

Aria's POV

We walked up the stairs as Ruby rambled on. Honestly, I wasn't paying attention. I was too busy admiring the decor of every new area we walked through. I simply answered back "Mmm", "Aha", "Yeah" every so often not a clue if they corresponded to the conversation. I tend to do this. Don't bother continuing a conversation with me when I start replying like this. I am not listening to a thing you're saying. Olivia already knew when I began with my "Mmm" responses that I was gone a million miles away. 

We walked down this gorgeous long corridor. There were 2 corridors, one on each side of the house.  I heard Ruby explain certain staff stayed on the west wing while Dominic was in the east wing. She mentioned something about 10 bedrooms. I switched off again after that as I admired the layout of the corridor. It was quite exquisite with cream and golden carpet type of flooring, mirror-like walls with diamond patterns and lit up by two strips of recessed lighting. 

We passed a few doors on each side until we got to the second last door. She motioned to it saying this would be where I would be staying. Marcel entered it and placed my bag inside while Ruby explained dinner would be ready soon and someone would come for me once it was. I nodded as they left me standing there in silence. I went inside the room...

It was stunning. It had a wrap-around of windows facing out towards the garden and in the middle a sliding door leading onto the balcony. The room was furnished with white and cream decor. There was a king-sized poster bed made from what looked like perspex, lots of pillows and the most inviting duvet. I think I'm tired since I'm fantasizing about the feeling of that very duvet. In front of the bed were a set of white couches with a coffee table in the middle and a fluffy blanket draped over one of the couches. The ceiling was decorated in an overlapping pattern with an elegant chandelier hanging from it. I decided to do nothing and see nothing else but lay down on the bed. I could see to my left there was another door I am assuming to be the bathroom, but right now that bed was way too inviting. As my head hit the puffy pillow I was out in a deep slumber. 

Dominic's POV

Dominic's POV

After about an hour since we arrived back, I decided to call it a day and head to the kitchen. I took my waistcoat off and chucked it over the couch in my office. I undid my cuffs and rolled up my sleeves as I undid some of the top buttons of my shirt. I ran a hand through my hair in frustration. These issues at the docks could be dealt with later after dinner once Andrea returned. I walked into the kitchen taking in the glorious smell of dinner that Rosa was preparing. My stomach grumbled. I still hadn't eaten since leaving Aria's place. Ruby was sitting on the countertop in the middle of the kitchen reading a gun magazine. Has this woman ever heard of a chair? She looked up from her magazine noticing me. She promptly closed and set the magazine aside then proceeded to jump off the counter and walk towards me.