Chapter 33 - I Like Me Better With You

Disclaimer: Mature Audiences Only.

"To be young and in love in New York City, 

To not know who I am but still know that I'm good long as you're here with me, 

Damn, I like me better when I'm with you." 

Aria's POV

Aria's POV

I've been lying here awake for the past 15 minutes just basking in it all. Basking in this feeling. It's a feeling that I can no longer fight. It lingers all around us. I was petrified of falling, but to my surprise, he caught me. I love how he knows just what to say when I need it. I love how he knows just how to move me in ways I never knew possible. I love how he touches me, leaving behind a burning sensation on every part of my body. I love how he challenges my mind to fight back, to go after what I want and need. This man has managed to heal scars I never thought could be healed, and he accepts those that are permanent. I love him. I love Dominic De Luca, the Don of the Italian Mafia. It still feels surreal saying that out loud.   

Dom stirred slightly next to me, breaking me from my thoughts. He had his arm draped over my midsection and his head sunken in his pillow while snoring lightly. I was further up in the bed, with my pillow just below my shoulders. I couldn't help but smile while I began caressing him up and down his arm with my nails. I know for a fact he would deny that he snores if I were to bring it up. 

I began giggling at that thought and possible conversation. My giggles woke him as he tightened his arm around my waist and pulled me further down to face him. 

"What are you giggling about?" He asked in a deep, sleepy voice.

"Oh, nothing. Just how cute you are when you snore." I grinned.

"I do not snore." He said sternly. 

See, I told you so. I began chuckling now. He maneuvered himself to hover over me, resting his forearms on the bed on either side of my head. He leaned down and kissed my lips softly. It was a delicate kiss, meant to savor the feeling. 

"I love you," I said against his lips.  He pulled back and looked at me.

"Say that again." 

"I love you..." I said cautiously, uncertain of his reasons. 

"God, I love hearing you say that. I love watching those words roll off your tongue passed your lips." 

He captured my lips again, this time stronger as he deepened it into a passionate one. My hands ran through his hair, resting my arms upon his shoulders. I took his bottom lip between my teeth and pressed down on it slightly. 

"Mmm..." He moaned. "Nope! I need to take care of business first before you start things like this." He finished off, snapping back to reality. He pushed himself off of me and made his way into his bathroom.