01 - Endgame

Ava gasped, desperately trying to fill her lungs with air again. She had been fighting when an alien from Thanos' army had thrown her to the ground, knocking the air out of her. Peter staggered over to his twin and helped her up. When they looked up, Ava felt her heart sink. It was Tony against Thanos. It was either everyone is wiped from existence, or Thanos and his army. The twins tightened their holds on one another when Thanos kicked Tony away, and Peter hugged his sister. "I love you, Ava." "I love you too, Peter." "I am inevitable." When Thanos snapped his fingers, nothing happened. The twins didn't feel the pain of fading away. They looked at one another before looking at Tony to see him with all six Infinity Stones.

"And I. . . Am. . . Iron Man."

Tony snapped his fingers. The twins and every other Avenger looked around as they saw Thanos' army fading away. They were smiling. However, their smiles left when they no longer saw Tony. Spotting a spaceship not too high up, they used it to swing over where Tony, Pepper, and Rhodey were.

As soon as they landed, Ava froze, but Peter rushed over. "Mr. Stark? Mr. Stark, it's me. It's me, Peter. We won. We won, Mr. Stark. Mr. Stark?" Peter began to cry and Pepper began to pull him away, Peter desperately tried to hold onto Tony. Ava slowly made her way over and kneeled in front of Tony.

"Thank you for everything, Tony. I won't let you down." Pressing a kiss to his cheek, Ava bit back her tears as she took over for Pepper and held Peter. She could've sworn that she heard Tony say "Kids," but she was probably imagining it.

Pepper kneeled in front of her husband and put her hand on his chest - where his symbol was. "It's okay. You can rest now. We'll be okay."

Tears were wanting to spill, but Ava bit them back, not wanting Tony to see her cry for his last few seconds of life.

Tony smiled at Pepper and placed his hand on hers. That was the last smile from Tony Stark. As he took his final breath, his head rolled to the side, and his suit had turned off. His hand slid off from Pepper's, and that's when Ava began crying. Taking a step away from Peter, Ava faced Tony before going down on one knee. Clint saw this, and he followed her lead, followed by T'challa, Steve, and everyone else.

Ava began to sob, along with Peter. Everyone looked at the twins and frowned. They were too young. Too young to have fought in two wars. Too young to lose someone. But Tony wasn't the first person they lost.

Bucky walked over and he placed a hand on Ava's shoulder. Ava shot up and pulled him into a hug. Steve walked over and kissed the top of Ava's head before going over to Tony's body. He hesitated before picking him up and the heroes began walking away.

🕸 🕸 🕸 🕸 🕸

Ava gripped onto Peter's hand as they watched the funeral

Ava gripped onto Peter's hand as they watched the funeral. A lot of the heroes that they fought alongside with were there as well, paying their respects to Tony. One tear slipped from Ava's eyes, but she made no move to wipe it away. As the funeral ended, Pepper and Morgan approached the Parker family.