Sipping Seppalainen - {Extended}

Start from the beginning

''And when I say get out, I really mean get out. You too Julia. Scarlet's going to be here in like five minutes and I'm trying to enjoy my night too, so...'' He grabs my arm, pulling me up from my bed and starts ushering me towards the front door.

''So you and Scarlet made up?'' I ask, freeing my arm from his grip as I walk into the kitchen. Julia enters behind me, grabbing her keys off of the counter.

''I guess I'm going to go revel in my loneliness. Must be nice to not be single. I hope you both get blue balls tonight,'' Julia says, walking over and hugging me.

''Not likely, but I'll think about you when you're diving into your second pint of ice cream and I'm diving into my second round,'' Cody teases, hugging Julia.

''Don't,'' She says laughing before heading out of the house.

''So...you and Skylar?'' I ask, trying from a new angle since he ignored my question about Scarlet.

''Skylar and I aren't speaking right now. But Scarlet's coming over to talk and I feel really good about it. She's actually been acknowledging my existence at school lately and not giving me her bitchy little side stare that she does, so I'm thinking we're about to get back on track.'' He tells me.

I sigh and once the air leaves my lips, I immediately regret it because Cody doesn't do well with confrontation. At all.

''What?'' Cody demands.

''Nothing,'' I reply.

''No, you have something to say so say it,''

''Cody I just feel like the talk we had in New York about how you can't change what our upbringing was like by simply marrying Scarlet and having kids and being a good husband and father didn't really sink in.'' I explain. ''We went through what we went through, and I'm so sorry to have to tell you this but nothing, nothing in this world is going to make it hurt less except time.''

''Damien I get what you're saying, but just because I've already decided on how I want to live my life doesn't mean I'm sublimating my pain.'' He says.

Before I can open my mouth to speak I hear knocking at the door. I look at Cody.

''We're finishing this conversation later,'' I tell him.

''Unfortunately,'' I hear him mumble under his breath as he follows me to the front door.

I open the door to an awaiting Otto. And just like the last time he was standing at my front door he looks like a fucking snack. I'm happy to see he's dressed semi-casual as well in some dark jeans, a grey shirt and a black blazer with the sleeves rolled up.

''Ready?'' He asks. I nod, making my way out of the house.

''Be safe kids! Use protection and don't do anything I wouldn't do!'' Cody yells after us. I roll my eyes, climbing into the passenger seat of Otto's car.

''So,'' Otto says as he begins to drive off. ''On my way home earlier I realized that I have no idea what the hell you like to do for fun.''

I laugh, clicking my seat belt into place.

''I can't remember the last time that I went on a real date to be honest with you so I'm guaranteed to be impressed with whatever it is that you've set up tonight,'' I assure him.

''You look way too nervous by the way,'' I tell him. ''Where's all that confidence you had earlier?'' I tease.

He laughs, shaking his head.

''I don't know. I'm still trying to process the fact that you actually said yes to this date. I was fully ready to accept another blow to my self-esteem.'' He says.