Sipping Seppalainen

Comenzar desde el principio

''You think it'll be that easy?'' She asks, the doubt very heavy in her voice.

I shrug.

''Why wouldn't it be? I'm still in love with him. And if he stops and gives himself a fucking chance to get his head out of his own ass, he'll realize that he's never stopped being in love with me either.'' I explain.

''If you say so,'' She says, shaking her head.

''Julia,'' I groan, resting my head back on the couch.

''What?'' She says innocently, ''What? I'm just being realistic.''

''Well don't. Try being optimistic, it's a much sexier look on you,'' I mock, throwing a pillow at her.

She catches the couch pillow before it hits her, chucking it right back at me.

''Fine, fine.'' She mutters, getting up from the couch.

''Are you getting us food?" I ask. I reach forward, grabbing the tv remote from the coffee table in front of me.

''Us?'' She replies with a fake confused tone. I scoff, flipping through the channels. ''Someone's pulling up in your driveway!'' She yells out to me.

''Who?''

''I don't know, they have a nice car though.'' She replies.

''Get the door!'' I yell back.

A moment later, precisely the moment when knocking starts at the front door, she plops down beside me on the couch holding a bowl of cereal and a bottle of water.

''My hands are full, what do you want me to do?'' She says, dipping her spoon into the bowl.

I raise a brow at her.

''Why are you here again?'' I ask her annoyed.

''Not to get your door,'' She laughs, reaching over and snatching the remote from my hand. ''Go get the door!'' She yells when the knocking starts again.

I roll my eyes, getting up from the couch and making my way over to the front door. I open the door, taking in the sight of a handsome stranger.

No, I mean I was really checking this dude out, my eyes trailing from his soft to the touch looking caramel brown hair down to his rose pink lips that were looking really fucking enticing, all the way back up to his oddly familiar baby blue eyes.

''Well damn, it's nice to see that look in your eyes,'' A familiar voice leaves his lips, and I'm honestly taken aback as I take in his features again, recognizing him quickly.

''Otto?'' I question, the smile sliding onto my lips easily. I reach forward pulling him into a quick hug before stepping to the side so that he could come in my house.

''So,'' I start, closing the door behind him, ''Your hair?'' I ask.

''Yeah, Javier nearly fucking killed me when he saw it. So before I hit and miss with you again, please take into consideration that I had to endure an ear full from a very very angry Javier.'' He pleads.

I laugh, leading the way into the kitchen.

''Do you want anything?'' I ask him as I open the fridge, I pull out a bottle of water.

''Yeah, to take you to dinner tonight,'' He says.

I laugh again because honestly his persistence is fucking adorable and I basically set that one up for him.

I close the fridge, taking the cap off of the bottle and taking a sip.

I know it may seem extremely shallow of me to say I'm into Otto a lot more now that he's dyed his hair, but that's the truth.

I mean I've always liked his personality, and we vibe really well. Yeah and of course he was hot as hell before the new hair but just not my type of hot I guess.

Anyway, whatever.

I told myself that I need to let go of this clearly one-sided mission to save anything that was left between Steven and I.

Evidently, he's over it so why shouldn't I get over it too?

Otto's a good guy, I should give him a chance and now there's literally nothing standing in the way of me doing so.

''Should I take your silence as a yes to diner or as a sign that you're not really into fair brunettes either?'' He jokes.

''You should take it as a hell yes,'' Julia's voice jumps into the conversation.

''Hey! We've met before,'' Otto says. He offers his hand out to Julia as she steps all the way into the kitchen.

''Yeah, I'm the shadow that follows Javier around and then apologizes to everyone he makes cry,'' She says, shaking his hand.

''It's crazy how accurate that job description is,'' I mock.

''Oh, so you witnessed my near murder yesterday in his office?'' Otto asks her.

''Yeah you got off easy though, he was having a good day.'' She tells him, sharing a laugh. ''So where are you two going on your date tonight?'' She says, attempting to casually slip that in the conversation.

''What date?'' I ask, using a serious tone. Otto looks at me and I can see the confusion and defeat in his eyes. ''I'm just fucking with you, of course I'll go to dinner with you,'' I tease, laughing when he smiles nervously.

''Um, can I pick you up at nine?'' He asks.

''Yeah, that's fine,'' I reply smiling.

''Aw, young love,'' Julia sighs out, leaving the kitchen. I roll my eyes.

I walk Otto to the door. He turns around before he steps outside. Closing the distance between us, he grips the back of my neck, pulling me to him as he leans in and plants his lips right against mines.

Okay then.

I mean I'm definitely not complaining.

I reach forward, gripping his hips in my hands as I pull him closer to me. Running my hand up his back, I feel his teeth gently sink into my lower lip.

I step back from him, our lips parting and I smile because I'm blushing like hell right now and I can feel it.

His hand lingers on my cheek before he lets it fall to his side.

''I'm pretty sure this is what people do at the end of the date.'' I say, watching as he smiles and runs his hand through his hair.

''I know I've been practicing some severe perseverance while pursuing you, but the truth is I have a really hard time waiting for what I want. And I've wanted to kiss you since I saw you.'' He admits.

''Yeah I have that kind of affect on people,'' I joke, shrugging. He rolls his eyes, hiding a smile.

''I'll see you tonight,'' He says, giving me a quick hug before leaving. 

<<A/N>>

It's gonna be a wild ride from here on out...

Am I the only one who likes the idea of Damien and Otto being together?

:)

Thoughts on this chapter?

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think of the story!

Please Vote!

Posted: November 11, 2019.