"Yeah. Welcome to the team." Sam innocently smiled, but Mali could see Gabriels apprehension, Gabriel didn't want involved, he never did. It was why he never chose good or evil, why he never picked a side.

    "Uh yeah. Not so much." The angel began as he crossed his fingers into each other.

  "I mean, thank you for the rescue and for the redemption arc. But, uh, I'm not really a team guy, so I'm gonna bounce, okay?" He said without wanting a response.

"Um, but, you know, it's been, um What's the opposite of fun? That." He spat before threatening to leave them, turning his back on them. It was frustrating.

     "No, Gabriel, don't -- you -- you can't just walk away." Sam shouted quickly, the memories came back time after time of Gabriel always letting them down. He only ever looked out for himself.

  "If Michael comes here, he will end this world." Sam argued, pleading with whatever good was in him, they were so desperate and deserved a win.

"And the last time the world was ending, I put my money on you. I think you can pull it off again." He smiled gently before continuing on his way. "You have two nephilim kids running around, you'll be fine."

Castiels anger was burning up inside him, how dare he leave them again? When two dimensons were threatening to crash into each other. How could he not care?

    "No. You cannot turn your back on your father's creation." Castiel threatened, but there wouldn't be a fight between them for Cas knew he'd never win.

    "Castiel...my father turned his back on his creation. Guess it just runs in the family." He says while looking at Mali, and Sams stomach drops.

     "No, Gabriel, please." He begged, shaking his head in disbelief. But it was too late, he'd outstretched his wings and gone, even Mali wasn't capable of detecting him. Gabriel didn't want to be found.

"Dammit," Sam mumbles as he sits down at the table. His breathing heavy. But the girl took one look over to the portal and could feel its power fading. It called to her, pleaded for her help.

"How long has Dean been away?" Mali panicked, and Sam and Castiel glanced over to the gold streak in the bunker as it seemed to flicker, its weakness growing.

"Hours, I lost track once Asmodeus attacked." Sam sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"Cas?" Mali found herself mumbling, "do you feel that too?" She questioned him as the portal grew weak.

"No, it must be the archangel grace." He stated as they all ran to the rift which began to blink. It was seconds away from closing. Mali swallowed as she looked over to Sam, his eyes bright with hope that he brother was coming through it.

Mali wanted Jack and Mary to come through too, she felt so guilty for leaving them but she believed it was the right thing to do. She never deserved them, she never deserved their kindness or hospitality. And as the portal began to close, so did Mali's emotions towards her true feelings.

In a flash of light, Dean appeared before them, falling to his knees out of breath.

"Dean! Dean! Hey! Hey. Hey. You're hurt." Sam panicked as he helped his older brother to his feet. He was so relieved and happy to have Dean back, but when he saw that Mary wasn't with them the truth set in.

"No, no. I'm fine. I'm fine." The older brother replied as he clutched his shoulder. Dean was never very good at lying to his brother, he knew him too well.

"Hey, the -- the -- the rift, it's Where's Mom? Where's Jack?" Sam breathed heavily as he looked to his brother for support.

   "Long story - so Mom and the kid, they're not with Michael anymore. Ketch and Charlie are staying back to try to find them. There's a Charlie over there." He smiles for the first time.

"She kicks ass." Dean laughs as Sam brings him over to the table. It was then where he got a good look at the bodies which covered the floor of their home.

"What's this?" Dean stuttered as he took a look at the dead vessels in the room." What --What'd I miss? What the hell is she doing here!" Dean shouted as he pulled his knife on the girl. But she wouldn't flinch. He hadn't noticed her because she remained so silent, but Dean knew who she was and he knew exactly what she did to the other world.

    "There was a demon incursion Dean, led by Asmodeus. Mali helped us out." Cas tried to defend the girl, but Dean wasn't going to listen. He refused to break eye contact with the Malignant. The monster of Charlie's story. But they had bigger things to deal with currently, like how a Prince of Hell managed to enter the bunker.

  "Sorry, Asmodeus got in here?" He briefly turned to Sam, his anger crawling along his face. "Yeah, and -- and -- and Gabriel killed him." His younger brother replied, which lead Dean to release some of his anger, His brother didn't deserve this, he didn't deserve to be treated wrongly when he hadn't done anything.

"Gabriel?" He sighed, "that's great. So he's back. Where is he?" He looked around the bunker, but saw no indication of him.

  "He just left." Sam said quietly, and Mali found herself standing in front of him protectively.

    "What do you mean, he left?" Dean glared at the group around him, his fist clenched. For one second he actually had hope, hope he'd see his mother again after losing it the moment he came back to his own world.

" We asked Gabriel to help us, and then he said no," Sam explained, trying to calm his brother who wanted Mali dead. But there was a beautiful sense of irony in how even death himself couldn't tear her down.

"He doesn't get to say no!  We still have his grace, though, right? Sam?" His voice faltered.

" Uh, we -- we used his grace to -- to heal him. So it -- it's gone. It's all gone."

    "So if it's gone, then that means that we can't open that door again once it shuts. If we can't open the door, then I should've never come back!" Dean takes a moment to process before slamming his hands down on the table.

"Son of a bitch!" He shouts as he puts his hands on his head. It was then the idea hit him, the girl was right in front of them, why not use her? She was half-archangel? It would work, he'd make it.

"You," Dean turned to the girl. "Keep that portal open now!"

"I cant do that..." She tried to explain. She wasn't lying, she couldn't do it even if she wanted too. And deep down she did, she really wanted too because more than anything she wanted to get back home...back to Jack.

And to her, that was the scariest part about feeling human. The portal was still slightly open, but Mali didn't have the courage to step through.

Wow so this took so long to get going because this idiot of a girl right here wrote a whole draft of this chapter before decided that it hated it and COMPLETELY changed the plot direction. I'm so sorry for keeping everyone waiting and giving you this pathetic excuse of a chapter, but the next chapters gonna spice things up again when I write it all in the perspective of characters in the other world.

Please leave some comments, they really do give me so much more inspiration to keep going. We're 15 chapters in, I think I'm doing pretty damn well considering I usually give up on things I don't see working around chapter 7. The only time this was proven wrong was where I wrote my 47 chapters werewolf novel. I have it in me guys and I want to keep going.

How is everyone finding the pace? I'm trying not to rush it but in reality the show has so many filler episodes so I have to jump from like episode 12-18 just to continue the plot and that puts us quite far into season 13. We still have plenty more chapters and I'll continue into season 14 and then 15 once it finishes.

I just want to say a big thank you for renaming patient, stay safe and kind guys.