Chapter 72 - Damnatio Memoriae

Start from the beginning

We walk under the tape across the doors and head inside before turning to our left and walking down the stairs of the station.

It's dark and smells like chemicals with a mix of death and blood. There's sparks flying from some wires in the ceiling across the way from us as we take in the crime scene markers near a decent amount of blood.

Scott crouches down next to the number one crime marker and looks back over his shoulder at us, addressing Jordan "You still got a black light?"

Jordan looks to me before he nods and grabs the light from his pocket, clicking it on as he hands it over to Scott.

I crouch down beside him as he shines the black light over the ground near the blood and we see the fading black smoke.

I nod my head to the side and look around us as I reluctantly digress "Mercury means Chimera."

Scott looks over to me, smiling slightly with his nod before we stand up and he clicks off the light, handing it back to Jordan.

We walk further down into the space as Jordan inquires thoughtfully "But what was it doing here– why come here and kill some random communications tech?"

"Maybe it just likes to kill" I offer with a shrug as Scott turns towards us and elaborates with his own nod "Maybe that's what it does."

"That's terrifying" Jordan grumbles, earning me to nod with his words and cross my arms over my chest.

Scott furrows his brows and turns more towards him "Jordan, how many bodies do you actually see when you dream about the Nemeton?"

Jordan looks down at an equipment tower that's been knocked over with blood smears on it before he looks over to us and digresses "Everyone."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

The ride back to our house is silent, I can tell Scott wants to say something from the way he's shifting in his seat and looking over at me– however I stay closed off from inviting him to say something and look out the window.

It's not long before he's pulling the car into the driveway and I'm climbing out of the car, heading for the door before walking upstairs.

I grab a change of clothes and head into the bathroom, locking both the doors before turning on the water.

While I wait for the water to warm up, I lean my hands on the counter and close my eyes as I hang my head between my shoulders can't stay mad at him forever– I just need a little bit more time

Once I've showered the past two nights in the hospital off of me, I get dressed into a loose white tank with a design across the top and a comfy pair of distressed jeans before I towel dry my hair and walk into my room.

I stop my steps at seeing Scott adding things to the crime board we made the other day with Stiles. He turns around to face me and has a hesitant look on his face. He offers a little smile and turns more, however his arm is being pulled back by a lone red string.

Scott looks down to the string attached to his jacket sleeve and pulls on it– effectively causing a domino effect and pulling down a lot of the things he just added to the board.

Scott closes his eyes with a groan at hearing all the pins and papers clatter to the ground.

I bring my lips in between my teeth, trying not to laugh however I can't help it and chuckle lightly.