Fifty

Taeyong stared in confusion as Jaehyun secured their packed bags into the trunk of a rental car,"We're not taking a plane back?"

Jaehyun scratched the back of his head,"Not exactly. At this point I don't really know anymore." He slammed the trunk closed then flashed Taeyong an unsure and nervous smile.

Taeyong noticed the shift in his demeanor,"What is it?"

Jaehyun ruffled Taeyong's hair,"Nothing. Let's go."

The two boys sat quietly across from each other in the car, the main sources of any noise emitting from the humming of the car against the road and the radio which played Pride by Kendrick Lamar.

Jaehyun repetitively tapped the steering wheel with his index finger, and abnormal amount of fixation on the road easily present and noticeable by his expression. Taeyong grasped onto Jaehyun's free hand, being met with a half smile from the brunette. Jaehyun sharply exhaled through his mouth as he looked back through the colorless glass.

The drive continued on until Jaehyun stopped and parked the car in an nearly empty parking lot. Jaehyun removed the keys from the car and exited through the driver's door. Taeyong looked outside then, his eyes catching glimpse of a rusty ferris wheel and old booths lined up against the edge of the pier. Jaehyun opened the passenger door, being met with Taeyong's eyes and his question,"We're still doing this?"

Jaehyun held out his hand and grasped Taeyong's, tightly holding it as the raven-haired boy stepped down from the car,"Of course."

Their hands remained secured within another's as they walked across the pavement of the parking lot onto the wooden pier. The cold wind softly blew and brushed against their skin. They walked to the end of the pier where the ferris wheel stood, now untouched and rusty.

Taeyong kicked his feet against the ground, softly smiling,"Didn't Doyoung say Mark got his head stuck in something to ditch us? Did you make him say that?"

"I did tell him to say make up something to ditch us, but Mark getting his head stuck was genuine, I guess."

Taeyong walked over the edge of the pier, resting his folded arms on the ledge. He supported his chin up with his palm while he listlessly gazed down into the blue abyss of the ocean,"I remember feeling nervous when we were stuck in there together. No one had ever expressed an emotion close to love towards me so I didn't know how to react to it at the time."

Jaehyun walked over and stood beside him,"Are you sure about that last statement? You still don't know how to react to it. You still blush and get flustered over the smallest things."

Taeyong playfully pushed Jaehyun's shoulder. He pouted while looking in the opposite direction,"You were my first kiss, first birthday present, first time, first date, first hug, first 'I love you' said and received. I have a right to get flustered over that stuff."

Jaehyun placed his fingertips against Taeyong's cheek, forcing Taeyong to turn his head,"I'm not complaining. I'm glad I was all those things to you." He looked behind him, feeling the breeze grow slightly stronger and colder,"We should go. It's getting colder."

Taeyong nodded in agreement and acknowledgment, grasping onto Jaehyun as they walked back down the pier.

~~~~

The drive continued with both boys doing anything to pass time, which also consisted of Taeyong trying to drive for Jaehyun and freaking out instead.

Taeyong held his phone away from his face as he conversed with Johnny over the speaker.

"Have you seen a picture of an ant under an electron microscope?"