Seventeen

Taeyong's eyes slightly widened, his sight falling back to Jaehyun's gaze. Jaehyun, one of the fewest popular people in school, clearly a heartthrob who can literally have any attractive girl he wants, was falling in love with him?

The brunette started,"I know it's sudden but, I've really been wanting to get something out and I just thought here wouldn't be such a bad place."

Taeyong couldn't process a 'correct' response. He'd never been in a relationship let alone, been confessed to. Sure, he did find Jaehyun attractive in both the personality and looks department, but was that enough for him to just say yes?

The older stood up from the ground, dusting the dirt off his pants,"I think we should go before we get bit by mosquitoes."

"Huh? Oh, yeah." Jaehyun bit the inside of his cheek, for he was sure the tension and awkward feel Taeyong gave was his fault.

The van doors opened and shut, not a word being said before Taeyong began,"I'll just sleep in the back for right now, um."

Jaehyun turned the keys into the car, his quiet voice replying,"Sure."

~~~~

"Dude, what did you do?" Doyoung asked his best friend sitting in the passenger seat.

Jaehyun remained fixated on the road,"What do you mean?"

"What do you mean 'what do I mean'? I saw you and Taeyong leave the van last night. When you came back, Taeyong looked incredibly awkward and flustered."

Jaehyun looked towards the back of the van, either seeing them asleep with Ten on his somehow still charged laptop. He leaned closer to Doyoung, the latter doing the same. The brunette whispered,"I told him."

Doyoung sat back, his eyes seemed to glisten and his hands covered part of his agape mouth,"Oh my God, Jaehyun, you're so dumb."

Jaehyun's expression fell at Doyoung,"That's all you're gonna say?"

Doyoung placed his feet on the dashboard,"Okay, well, what did he say?"

"He didn't really answer; he just suggested we should leave."

Doyoung clicked his tongue,"Jaehyun, you done fucked up."

"Wow, thanks for the support. But seriously, what am I supposed to do?"

"You know, I heard there's a fair or carnival or whatever on the way there. Why don't we stop there and you can talk to him on the ferris wheel or something?"

"That's probably the best idea you've had since I met you."

"What about the idea to befriend Taeyong?"

"Okay, it's the second best idea you've had since I met you."

~~~~

More miles continued to be covered throughout the hours. Besides the few instances of karaoke, the car remained silent as the boys had grown either bored or tired. 

What seemed like two days of endless dirt roads began to end and transition to freeways. Starlights became city lights and the usual quietness of the roads were now bombarded with the sound of other trucks and cars.