Eighteen

The drive continued on through the night. In the early morning, they arrived at a cordial looking hotel.

"Doyoung, we're here." Jaehyun said to his counterpart who was sleeping beside him on the passenger seat.

Doyoung rubbed his eyes, groggily sitting up and looking out the window,"Finally. Next time can you just register into a closer hotel so I'm not stuck on a three day rode trip with all of them?"

Jaehyun just huffed in response. He drove down to the parking lot where he paid the fee and searched for a spot to park.

Both Jaehyun and Doyoung got out of the front, Doyoung opening up the back of the van, exposing the others to a piercing morning light that woke them up,"Come on, dumbasses. We're here."

Barely half awake, the rest of the boys dragged their bags and themselves out of the back of the van. Donghyuck carelessly jumped onto Mark's back and fell asleep as everyone headed towards the entrance of the hotel.

Jaehyun approached the front desk with Doyoung at his side while everyone else tiredly sat down in the lounge.

Jaehyun returned with a keycard in hand,"Okay, let's go."

~~~~

The seven of them entered the hotel room. The room was spacious, accompanied with two king sized beds and a couch that could extend out.

Mark's attention drifted to the kitchen counter,"Look, it's one of those trays that if you remove the food from it charges you."

Doyoung set his bag down beside his feet,"Yes, and they're overpriced as Hell so nobody touch them."

Donghyuck intervened,"Are they charged to your card?"

"Yeah."

Donghyuck approached the tray, his hands gathering around every snack as he kept eye contact with Doyoung.

Doyoung glared at the latter,"Don't."

A mischievous smile grew on his face before he removed them all and dropped them on the ground. And for a second, Doyoung could have sworn he saw Donghyuck grow a pair of red horns and a tail.

Johnny swooped under Donghyuck and grabbed the bags of snacks, removing them and throwing one to Ten. Doyoung picked up his bag and threw it on the second bed,"I hate you all."

Taeyong silently gazed out the window, tall buildings lined the background while the pool sat directly under. Unknowingly, his soft and maybe slightly ecstatic voice mumbled,"They have a pool."

Jaehyun sat next to him, his tired eyes falling to Taeyong,"Do you wanna go?"

The raven haired nodded, his eyes seemingly innocent. His face plastered with a tiny bit of concern when he noticed how dark it'd gotten under Jaehyun's eyes,"But... shouldn't you sleep first? You've been driving nonstop for that past day."

He softly shook his head in response,"I'm fine. I can just sleep tonight."

~~~~

Jaehyun slid off his white t-shirt and set it down on one of the tanning beds.

"Woah," Ten accidentally blurted out, earning him a snack on the back of his head from Johnny.

Doyoung relaxed on one of the tanning beds, watching as Donghyuck pushed Mark in and Taeyong silently waded in the water. Johnny picked up Ten over his shoulder and threw him in before jumping in himself.

Jaehyun sat down at the pool stairs before Doyoung came up from behind him and pushed him all the way in. A small laugh escaped Taeyong's lips before he abruptly turned around, a rose tint on his face forming.

They remained at the pool for an elongated time until other people began to show and it began to grow crowded.

Doyoung handed Taeyong a towel while looking at Jaehyun,"I think there's a pharmacy half a mile from here. We can stop there and get some snacks and stuff."

Jaehyun ruffled his dripping hair, just simply replying,"Okay."

Taeyong wrapped himself in the towel. As his eyes wandered away from Jaehyun, they landed on Donghyuck. Specifically his exposed arms and the dark scars that covered the flesh. Donghyuck caught Taeyong's gaze and readjusted his arms, Taeyong awkwardly redirected his line of sight after noticing that Donghyuck noticed.

~~~~

The sunlight beamed down on the sidewalk, the heat making everyone feel as if they were melting.

Once the pharmacy was in sight, both Doyoung and Donghyuck ran to the entrance for the sole purpose of the air conditioner. Shortly after, the rest of the group followed.

Almost immediately, they dispersed through the pharmacy, everyone but Taeyong heading to all the food. He quickly walked to the actual pharmacy portion of the store and asked the person behind the counter where the laxatives were. Speedily, Taeyong grabbed a box of stimulant laxatives before going back to where everyone else was to avoid suspicion.

When Taeyong walked back, Doyoung, Johnny and Ten all had their arms filled with more than enough snacks. Both Mark and Jaehyun carried no more than six snacks while Donghyuck carried only one which Taeyong knew was low-calorie.

Taeyong grabbed the first two bags he saw and hid the box of laxatives between then before heading to the beverage isle and grabbing a single milk tea.

They gathered their items on the counter, waiting for the person behind the register to scan the items.

~~~~

Johnny sat in front of the t.v. with Ten, opened snack bags around them. Doyoung sat besides Mark and Donghyuck on the coach, his hand inside a bag of chips.

Taeyong sat on one of the beds, his sight continually falling onto Jaehyun who was asleep on the opposite bed. He brought his knees close to his chest, his head resting on them and eyes still locked on the sleeping brunette. He looked over to where everyone was sitting, then scooting over the bed and moving closer to Jaehyun.

Taeyong's heart pulsated, he was sure his ears and cheeks were red as a maraschino cherry. His hand lead up to Jaehyun's face, his nimble fingers longing to trace Jaehyun's features.

They grew closer, that's until Taeyong and Doyoung's eyes met. Neither of them moved for long enough someone would think they were having a staring contest.

Taeyong pulled back and hid under the sheets of the bed, his cheeks felt warm as ever along with the lingering feeling of embarrassment.

~~~~
bruh ion know wtf this chapter is