Twenty-one

Taeyong strolled beside Jaehyun, the feeling of embarrassment and enjoyment from the short kiss still lingering. Halfway through the night, Jaehyun, without hesitation, grasped Taeyong's hand and tightly interlocked their fingers. The action made Taeyong look the opposite way, covering his blushing face with his forearm.

They decided to take a short bus ride back to the hotel, at this point it was already two in the morning. When they silently entered the hotel room, everyone, but Doyoung, was fast asleep around some place in the room.

Jaehyun loosened his grip on Taeyong's hand before he headed toward the bathroom to wash his face. Taeyong moved towards the second bed, his eyes meeting Doyoung who was sitting on the floor occupied on his phone which had the charger attached to it. Doyoung looked at Taeyong before placing his phone beside him and folding his hands over his lap,"Spill."

Before Taeyong could respond, Jaehyun's arm leaned against his shoulder. The raven-haired looked over to the brunette who had a plastic headband holding his hair back and white soap coating his skin, on hand rubbing the soap into his pores.

Jaehyun played with the tips of Taeyong's jet-black locks with his opposite hand. Bluntly he told Doyoung,"We just kissed and held hands. You're welcome, Sherlock." And with that he walked back to the bathroom.

After noticing Doyoung gaping as Jaehyun walked away, Taeyong quickly moved away from the latter without letting the boy mutter out a single word.

~~~~

The following morning, well, rather the afternoon, all seven boys walked to a nearby brunch restaurant. The earlier "morning" warmth didn't feel as excruciatingly painful to walk through and rather felt like a spring day stroll.

Due to the number of people waiting, the boys awaited to be seated, their presence taking up most of the space in the waiting area.

Once seated, specifically Johnny and Doyoung, began a rampage of ordering basically everything on the menu.

Jaehyun sipped on the water he ordered, his eyes traveling to Taeyong's soft features. The older looked the same except for the fact that dark circles were present under his deep brown eyes, mainly because he had stayed awake most of the night reminiscing about the kiss.

Redbone by Childish Gambino played indistinctively on the restaurants speakers, hidden under the rummaging and continuous noises of the building and the boys, who unknowingly were being too loud.

Ten leaned over towards Taeyong, his finger pointing to the slices of French toast on the latter's plate,"Are you gonna eat that?"

Taeyong softly shook his head, allowing Ten to steal the bread from his plate and stuff half of it in his mouth.

"My God, I left for like six hours last night. Did you guys starve?" Jaehyun questioned at the boys who were surely over-eating at this point. Not to mention eating over the budget.

Johnny attempted to reply to his friend but his words came out as no more than a jumble of noises and muffles due to the toast blocking his mouth. Doyoung poured more maple syrup over the food on his glass plate, he stabbed his fork into one of the cut squares of French toast and looked over to Taeyong,"You look high."

Taeyong swirled his plastic straw through the orange juice in his glass, his mind wandering elsewhere too much for him to care about Doyoung's comment,"Mhm, thanks."

Jaehyun's fingertips trailed to Taeyong's, ignoring the sounds of war emitting from beside them he asked,"You okay?"

The raven-haired sharply blinked, his mind snapped back into reality. His fingers curled away almost instantly and his face had the color as if he'd been stung by a thousand bees.

A soft chuckled escaped Jaehyun's lips, his dimples present due to his smile. And Hell, was it aesthetically pleasing to look at.

The brunette leaned against his palm, his eyes softly flattened,"Taeyong, it'd be nice if I could talk to you without you becoming a beautiful, cherry-red, stuttering mess."

How was he supposed to do that when Jaehyun could make anyone weak in the knees from a single gaze?

Though they kept the conversation between them, it seemed as if Johnny had heard as he dropped his fork onto his glass plate. Swallowing the last bit of toast in his mouth,"You guys are sucking each other's dicks now? Damn, Jaehyun, what a player."

Jaehyun directed his sight to the giant seated next to him,"Where in that statement did you deduct any of that?"

Johnny shrugged his shoulders, focusing back onto his plate.

~~~~

"Me and Taeyong are going to the pharmacy; do you guys want anything?" Jaehyun asked before shoving his leather wallet into his back pocket.

It really didn't make a difference if Jaehyun asked or not, they all answered with "snacks" anyways. Except for Johnny who responded with "drugs".

The pair walked into the pharmacy from the previous day, the A.C. giving them an instant and tempory relief from the summer heat.

Jaehyun strutted to the beverage isle while Taeyong ventured the back of the store, around the area where the cheap beauty products and such usually were.

Taeyong moved towards one of sunglasses rack, his fingers grasping a black framed pair and putting them on. He espied himself in the small mirror on top of the rack, a familiar, soothing voice interrupting the silence.

"You look cute in those."

Taeyong flinched, seeing Jaehyun leaning against a shelf of soaps, though not noticing Jaehyun's earlobe burning a bright red,"Oh."

The brunette approached the younger, his nimble fingers grasping the glasses from the frame. Jaehyun moved them up off of Taeyong, onto his black locks and unexpectedly, quickly planted a kiss on the bridge of the older's nose.

Though he felt his heart go off like an atomic bomb, Taeyong tried to keep his face neutral, obviously failing. He bit down on the inside flesh of his cheek,"Uh, we should get their snacks now, right?"

~~~~
i don't know what the hell this chapter was and it highkey fell f l a t and didn't feel like my type of writing what ever that means
i got high off of hand sanitizer fumes earlier so maybe that's why