Chapter 6

Camdyn's Pov

"What did you do to my little brother last night?" Carmen asked. I knew immediately she was talking about the hickeys on my neck.

Lane froze "shit" he mumbled. Carmen was really clear about giving me hickeys when she met Lane. If I had them she better not know or else.

"Carmen I'm seventeen" I said. "And? I made it clear to you didn't I Lane" she said. Lane held back a laugh "you did and I didn't listen did I?" Lane said.

"You little" Carmen said in a silly but angry type voice. "What are you even going to do, you're five four and I'm six two" Lane said.

Carmen sighed. "You're right damnit" "Isn't Xanderrr coming up to see you" I asked.

Xander was Carmen's boyfriend they went to college together and he was with his family only a few hours away. "Oh my god you're right! I totally forgot" Carmen said.

I laughed and Carmen shot up from her seat. "Aunt Laura you have to help me get ready" she said. She worked way too hard for this relationship, I've only met Xander a few times but I can tell he loves her for her. They have been dating for just over three years.

Aunt Laura laughed and then took Carmen into the bedroom. "Is that good breakfast sugar pea?" "Mhm!"

"Babe?" Lane asked. I turned from Katelynn. "Yeah?" "Do you ever wish we could have our own kids one day" he said. "I mean technically we can, before I started T my mom took me and froze some of my eggs, if we could find a surrogate we could" I said.

"Wait really? That's awesome" He said. "No thinking about kids right now Lane I think we will have enough of our hands with little miss Katie right here" I said.

We chatted for a while more before there was a knock at the door I got up and went to get it. When I opened the door Xander pulled me outside before shutting the door.

"What was that for Xander?" I asked. "Okay, so I heard what happened with your and Carmen's dad" he said. "Mhm andddd?" I said.

He took a deep breath "Since your the man of the house now, I wanted to ask for your blessing to marry Carmen" he said. He took the black box out of his pocket.

"Of course Xander I couldn't think of anyone better for my big sister" I said. "Thank you so much Camdyn" he said. "no problem Xander now let's go inside before they start wondering where we are" I said.

I opened the door with a spare key Aunt Laura gave me and we walked inside. Carmen was just coming out of the bedroom as we entered the living room.

After Carmen and Xander left we spent the day playing games with Katie and Aunt Laura.

Carmen text me saying she was staying the night with Xander so I helped put Katelynn to bed before we headed back to the hotel.

When we got back to the hotel we crashed. Falling asleep almost immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I groaned waking up to my phone ringing. I glanced at the clock 5:56 a.m. I sat up answering the phone.

"Is this Camdyn Light?" A male voice asked. "Yes" I said rubbing my eyes.

"I'm sorry to wake you at this hour, I'm Laura's doctor she sadly passed away in the night and we need a family member here to sign some documents and such" The man said.

My heart dropped. "Okay, I will be there soon" I said. He replied telling me where to meet him before hanging up.

I woke up Lane and told him what had happened. We got dressed before rushing to the hospital. Once reaching the room a man welcomed us.