Chapter 5

(2 months later)

Camdyn's Pov

I woke up to my blaring alarm. I groaned rolling over and sitting up. I turned the alarm off and sighed. Today is my first day of my senior year of high school.

I stood up and walked over to my wardrobe. I pulled out a white short sleeve button up, some black skinny jeans, and my vans.

I pulled on my clothes before going upstairs. I walked up to Lane who was sitting at the kitchen table. "Morning babe, you ready for school?" He asked.

"I guess" I shrugged. "You're lucky you graduated" "It'll be okay babe" Lane said. "I gotta go, I'll seen you later" I said grabbing my bookbag. "Alright" he said getting up and walking over to me.

He wrapped his arms around my waist "Have a good day" he kissed me and let go. "Thanks babe, I'll see you later" I said.

I walked outside where Xenia was parked in the driveway. "You ready for this?" Xenia asked. I shrugged once again.

I had always been bullied at school for being trans. I had a very small group of friends who I hadn't seen all summer.

The group who consisted of Xenia's boyfriend Damien, Kenya my cousin, Xenia, and Oliver the only other trans kid in our town.

Once we arrived at school we got our time tables and parted ways. I found my locker and put away my bag.

I walked to my homeroom which I had no friends in. I sat in a corner seat and stayed quiet. I heard a voice travel to me from a few desks away.

"Hey Camryn how was your summer" my ex best friend Layla asked. "It's Camdyn" I mumbled. "I asked how your summer was tranny" she said frowning.

I continued ignoring everyone throughout the day until the last bell rang. I text Lane to pick me up because Xenia couldn't take me home.  I went and sat down on a bench outside.

Soon Lane was walking up from the parking lot. I stood up and grabbed my bag. "Hey" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around and it was Oliver.

"What's up Oliver?" I asked. "Hey Camdyn can I uh get a ride my friend fell through and can't pick me up now" he said.

"Yeah of course come on" I said. "Thanks Camdyn" he said. "No problem" I said and we started walking towards Lane who was standing right on the start on the concrete.

"Hey babe, how was school" Lane asked when we reached him. "It was okay, this is Oliver he needs a ride" I said. "Okay, let's go" Lane said gesturing towards the car. We took Oliver to his house before we went home.

My heart skipped a beat when I seen my grandparents car in the driveway my Dad's parents to be specific. They didn't support me either and it hurt a lot.

"Who's here?" He asked pulling into the driveway. I sighed "my dad's parents" I stepped out of the car. My grandpa turned around from the front door. "Camryn" he said I flinched. "hey grandpa" I said. Lane walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

We walked up to the front door and my grandma hugged me. "Where's your dad sweetie?" She asked. "Let's go inside" I said. I unlocked the door and let everyone in before following and shutting the door.

We all sat in the living room and I sighed. "Where is your dad Camryn?" My grandpa asked. "Well you see he got arrested" I said. "What did that boy do?" My grandma asked shocked. "he abused me for three years" I said quietly.

I started shaking old memories I had been trying hard to forget coming back up. Lane hugged me "it's okay" he whispered. "And who is this?" My grandpa asked he sounded slightly angry.