Needy (Requested) ~ Xander x Reader

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Needy

Xander x Reader

Game: Fire Emblem Fates

Notes- Requested by riddlesemblem! Hope you enjoy it xx Oh, and Xander's eyes are red... aren't they? I can't tell if they're brownish-red or just brown... XD

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

The last couple of weeks have been restless for the King of Nohr.

Meetings, paperwork... why so much to do?! Obviously, after the war, Xander knew there was still work to be done to improve the relations between his country and Hoshido before everyone could settle down properly, but there were more things to battle through (not literally, thankfully) than he expected. Even a minute of rest would be satisfactory for him at this point, and yet that was not even possible— and it probably wouldn't be for a while.

In a way he missed the war a little, only because he got to see his wife more often— Y/n. Her bright smile and sweet voice was always something refreshing to see and hear, some of the things he loved most about her.
Yet now, he'll only find her asleep in their bed, due to him returning to the castle at a late time, or asleep in the morning, when he needs to leave early...

But today was different. A meeting he was required to attend was cut short, due to the subject they were discussing was solved quicker than expected. That meant Xander could finally rest... an opportunity he was indeed not planning to miss!

・°.・♦︎—♥︎—♦︎・.°・

He travelled safely back to the dark castle— but not that old, eerie type of darkness the Royals and residents were swallowed up in a long time ago. It was more of a safe and comforting duskiness that protected the powerful Kingdom in its blanket, providing quite a lovely home for all to live happily in. The guards greeted their King, a King they looked up to and could actually smile to, nothing compared to Garon's cold and unsettling presence.

Once opening the gates for him, Xander was first greeted by his ever so loyal— and... unique— retainers, Laslow and Peri.
"Welcome back, Your Majesty," Laslow greeted, in a jokey tone as he made a silly bow.
"Good afternoon, Laslow. And... there is no need for such formalities," He mentioned, though a small smile crept upon his lips, out of amusement. Peri's ruby eyes widened once finding Xander holding no weapon in his hands. In fact, he wasn't wearing as much armour as he usually did...
"Xander!" She exclaimed.
"Where are your shoulder pads? And your chest plate?! You're just wearing... fancy clothes now!"

Raising a brow, he paused for a moment before chuckling quietly, now walking into the hallway, his retainers following him closely.
"There's no need to wear as much armour as I did in the past, Peri. The war is over now, after all,"
Peri was still utterly confused by his words, shaking her head almost immediately.
"But still— you gotta be careful out there! The war may be no more, but that doesn't mean there aren't any evil people!" Suddenly, she grinned.
"But don't worry, I'll make sure they get what they deserve..."
...She sounded strangely excited when mentioning the last part of her statement.
Although, Xander listened and took a note, nodding in agreement, along with frowning slightly.
"Hm, I suppose you're right..."

The silence between the three was interrupted by a lady's heels clicking on the stone floor. Xander turned his attention to the woman— Flora, one of his wife's maids. With her hands folded neatly together, she gave the King a warm smile. Something quite the opposite to her coldness.
"Your Majesty," Closing her icy eyes, she performed a small curtesy before standing again, looking at him in the eye.
"Lady Y/n has been awaiting your return. She'll be very happy to see you, that's for sure!"