Secrets, Sketches And Warmth (Requested) ~ Ignatz x Reader

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

Secrets, Sketches And Warmth (Requested)

Ignatz x Reader

Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Notes- Requested for Bun_Bit! Sorry this took a while, and it seems I also went on for a bit! Hope you enjoy it anyways~

・°.♦︎~★˚✧♪〜.♥︎.•♦︎•.♥︎.〜♪✧˚★~♦︎.°・

"Wow!"

Y/n gasped in surprise, gazing at the wonderful paintings in awe.
"Ignatz— these are beautiful!"
She clasped her hands together, her features brightening with an amazed smile that met her lips in an instant. The forest haired student chuckled nervously, pushing his glasses up a little higher with his index finger. He has never shown anyone his artwork— nor has he gotten any comments about his efforts, so receiving such praise was not only new for him, but slightly embarrassing too.
"Th-thank you!" He stuttered, watching her as she grazed her fingers along the edges on the canvas, gazing at his paintings and lost in thought of every exquisite detail.
"Oh— sorry!" She backed her hand away immediately, turning around to look at Ignatz.
"I shouldn't be touching the canvas, should I?"
"Ah— well— no, not really,"

She chuckled softly, muttering an apology before looking at the paintings again, all done by him in the little spare time he had.
"Ignatz... your paintings are amazing! Thank you so much for letting me see something so incredible!" Y/n exclaimed, still eyeing the artwork.
Ignatz paused for a moment, struggling to find any words to say back. Feeling heat rushing to his cheeks, he cleared his throat, adjusting his collar with shaky hands.
"Oh—! Er... thank you, Y/n! I honestly didn't think someone would appreciate them this much... but I guess I was wrong!"

Y/n stopped, her jaw dropping open. She looked back at Ignatz, unable to speak for a second.
"Wha... did you really think that? Why, when you have such a talent for art?"
"W-well I just..." He sighed, averting his gaze to one of the paintings placed out— oranges, yellows and more warm colours were mixed together to create the lovely view of the evening sky, something he witnessed when no one was around once. His painting was almost identical to the treasured memory, and for a moment Ignatz smiled at the thought. It was a very beautiful sight... but he also remembered nearly being caught whilst painting this, though thankfully such a thing didn't fall upon him.
"...*sigh*" His small grin was replaced with a downhearted frown.
"Y/n, promise me you won't tell anyone about what you've seen today,"
"Huh?" She took a step towards him, studying his timid features. Her shocked expression faded, and Ignatz saw a look of concern written on her face.
"Why not?"

"..."

It was at that moment when he explained everything to her. About how his family want him— need him to become a knight to support them... and yet his heart's already set on painting. Becoming a knight was something unappealing to Ignatz, but he's been trying to force himself to give up those dreams, lock them away and never return to to world of art again. But even now, he finds himself unable to resist painting, his favourite hobby. Especially when he came to the monastery— a place full with extraordinary artworks, incredible architecture, gorgeous sunsets and blue skies... yet he still keeps it a secret. Even from those close to him in the Golden Deer class, Ignatz makes sure he doesn't let any one of them find out about his talent.

Then there was Y/n. A girl who was the sweetest, kindest and most caring of them all. Strangely, he could put all his trust in her and not feel as if it were wrong. Not at all. In fact, Y/n and Ignatz quickly became friends when they met at the monastery— mostly because they were both seated together at the beginning of the year, but there seemed to be something else between those two students that was beginning to blossom...