Born to Run (Young Sam)

"Ah!" I stumbled back after a strong punch was delivered to my head. Immediately I returned a swing as hard as I could causing the guy to fall against the people in the crowd that we're surrounding us but he quickly regained his balance and I raised my fists. "C'mon Rafe is that all you got?" I teased as I swiftly dodged his punch to the left and kicked him in the knee before knocking him to the ground. I saw him reach into his pocket and before I had time to react he was aiming a small gun at my head.
"Rafe.." I said in a soft tone trying not to upset him anymore and end up with a bullet in my head. "Rafe think about this." I pleaded as he approached me.
"Shut up." He snarled as he gripped the back of my head and held the gun to my forehead. I tried to wriggle out of his grasp but he was too strong. "Don't move." He said in his harsh, rough voice.
"Rafe get off me." I said through gritted teeth.
"Why would I do that?" He hissed with the gun still pressed on my head.
"Because you're not going to shoot me." I smirked at him before he removed the gun and hit me on the side of my head with it and I fell to the floor feeling hot blood stream down my face. Before I knew what was happening Rafe pulled me back up to my feet and returned his grip on me, the gun still pressed on my forehead.
"Wanna bet?" He said as I heard the gun cock.
"You won't do it." I said, looking him straight in his  cold, grey eyes.
"Three" he said.

"Two" my heart was racing.

"One!" A familiar voice shouted as Rafe was tackled to the ground. Sam. The gun slid across the floor, I picked it up and pointed it at Rafe.
"Your turn" I smirked. Sam punched him in the jaw and knocked him out as I still stood with the gun on him. Sam returned to his feet and stood beside me.
"(Y/N) leave it it's not worth it." He said in his usual calming voice but I still didn't move. "(Y/N) let's go!" Seeing that I wasn't listening, he took the gun from me and put it in his trousers. The screaming sound of sirens snapped me out of my trance as Sam grabbed my wrist and I followed him through the crowd. We ran as fast as we could through the busy streets until we reached Sam's small apartment.

He locked the door behind us and put the gun in a locked box that he kept all of his treasure hunting gear in. His face was flustered and he ran his hands through his messy brown hair as he stood infront of me. "What the hell was that?" He said in an angry tone.
"Sam I was fine." I said.
"Really?" He said, "because to me it looked like you were one second away from having a bullet in your head."
"He wouldn't have shot me!" I replied.
"How do you know that?!"
Silence. We both just stood, not knowing what to say. A few minutes passed and we had both calmed down. I felt a tear roll down my face.
"I'm sorry." I said as he pulled me into his arms.
"It's okay, it's okay. I'm sorry for shouting." He said in a comforting voice. "Thank you for saving me." I said as he stroked my hair.
"Your welcome princess. Just promise me you won't start any more fights. Expecially without me." He said.
"I promise." I smiled as he kissed my head and took my hand.
"Come on let's get you cleaned up." He said as he lead me to the bathroom and started gently cleaning the cut on the side of my head. I couldn't help but smile at how gentle he was.
"Obviously we can't stay here now, we're going to have to find somewhere else." he said.
"Again?" I sighed as this was the 3rd place we'd moved to in the past year.
"Well we can't stay now that Rafe and his goons are after us, plus they know that we're here so any minute now they could burst right through that door."
"This is all my fault." I said shaking my head.
"Hey it's okay, we're gunna be fine. We'll get out of this, we always do." He said softly as he finished cleaning up my face.

Suddenly we heard what sounded like footsteps in the hall, we ran into the bedroom and grabbed our backpacks that were always packed in case of emergencies and Sam put the gun in his trousers.
"You ready for this?" He asked. I nodded in reply as we both smiled at eachother. We knew that secretly, we both enjoyed running. Being shot at, car chases and jumping over buildings was what we were good at. Sam pulled open the window and we both climbed out, ducking as bullets raced towards us. We swiftly climbed down the fire escape and sprinted through the streets, we just kept running and running. We didn't know where but we knew it didn't matter because this is what we will always do. Run.
One way or another, we always ended up running. And we loved it.

I'm sorry this is short and rushed but I'm stuck for ideas, I'd really appreciate some advice and requests, it would really help me out. Thanks!❤️