"The best treasure I ever found"

"Saaaam" I moaned as he lead me through the shining streets of Boston. "Sam it's nearly midnight where are you taking me?" I questioned, confused as to what he was planning.
"Well I don't want to ruin the surprise do I? You'll see." He smirked back at me as I cocked my head in confusion. I could see he was enjoying this. He lead me around like this as we laughed and joked, until we eventually hopped over a fence and reached a beautiful lake with a small wooden bridge over it. I instantly knew where we were.
"Omg Sam this is-" I gasped in amazement at where we were.
"Where we had our first kiss. I know." He smiled at me, taking my hands. "September 4th 1999. Midnight. 10 years ago" (I'm writing this as though it's 2009) He said almost to himself as he looked out at the lake. He remembered? Omg he remembered! Sam was never much for sentimentality, he had even forgot my birthday a few times. But I was so happy that he remembered this.
"I can't believe you remember all that." I said, so glad that he did. Something was different about him though. I kept catching him glancing at his watch and tapping his feet slightly. "Sam is everything oka-"
"Shh I- uh I just gotta get this out." He said as he looked at his watch again and scratched his neck. Something he always did when he was nervous. Oh god here we go again, this'll probably be some long winded apology about something he'd done and he brought me out here to try to soften the blow. Or so I thought. "Look, you of all people know that I'm not very good with words. Unless it's shitty pirate puns then god knows I could talk for days." I smiled and rolled my eyes at him. Even when he's serious he can't help but joke one way or another, but that's one of the things I loved most about him. He smiled at my response and then continued, "But uh- what I'm trying to say is-" He took a deep breath and squeezed my hand as I prepared myself for whatever apology he was about to deliver. "My whole life I've always felt like there was something missing. So I spent it hunting for treasure and desperately trying to fill that hole. But no matter how much gold or lost cities I found, that feeling never went away. Until you came along."
I think in that moment my jaw physically dropped as he grinned at my expression, he knew I wasn't expecting that. Tears immediately started to fill my eyes as he carried on.
"And ever since that first kiss 10 years ago I've finally felt whole. Which is why I can safely say that in all my life, you were the best treasure I ever found." Tears we're now streaming down my face, this was the most beautiful thing anybody had ever said to me, and I could tell that he meant every word of what he was saying. "So-" He said as he proceeded to get down on one knee.
"Oh my god." I gasped in pure disbelief in the situation.
"(Y/N) Will you marry me?"
Omg this was really happening!
"Yes!" I managed a say between tears as he put the most beautiful ring on my finger, got up and pulled me into his arms. "Did Nate help you write all of that?" I asked, still with tears of joy running down my face.
"Nope, it all came from my h-aargght." He said in his stupid pirate voice and I punched him playfully in the arm.
"Thank you." I whispered before he chuckled and kissed me as the bells struck midnight on the most perfect night of my life.