Four Birds

Sooo I know Sam got his tattoo in prison but I thought I'd change things up a bit😁 Enjoy!

"What about this one?" I said excitedly, showing Sam a picture of a couples matching heart tattoos as we wandered down the street.
"Too clique." He moaned, dismissing the photo.
"Fine." I sighed and carried on searching. He was so hard to please sometimes. "Ooh I like this one." I showed him the phone again with another couple tattoo.
"Too boring." Sam said rejecting yet another idea.
"Then what do you want?" I asked defeated.
I saw him furrow his brow as he thought about his answer before replying.
"Something simple. But not too small. But it also has to be symbolic and represent our new found freedom." He smiled at me, excited by the very word 'freedom'. We had talked about getting tattoos when were finally free from the orphanage for years now, but we never figured out what we would actually get. We left the orphanage yesterday so today was the big day.
"Wow that's a lot of things that you could've told me before we were on our way to the tattoo place!" I laughed, rolling my eyes at him. Sam reached over, took the phone out of my hands and began scrolling. I sighed as I watched his brown eyes studying the images. He was so cute, especially when he tried to use technology. He was like a Grandpa when it came to that sort of stuff because he'd never owned a phone.
"Something like this." He passed the phone back to me with a smug grin on his face to reveal the outlines of four flying birds. "It's simple, not too small and symbolises freedom."
He was right. It was perfect and he knew it.
"Aw I love this one!" I said almost jumping in excitement.
"Then it's settled. The birds it is." He grinned as he put a hand around my waist and continued to walk.
"Where are you going to get it?" I asked, looking up at him.
"Well I've always wanted one here so I think I'll go with that." He said as he pointed to the left side of his neck. "What about you?"
"I think I'll go with my collarbone." I replied after considering various places for a while.
"I like that." He smiled as he kissed the top of my head as we headed down the streets to the tattoo parlour.

Sorry this isn't very good, maybe a part 2 will fix it? ❤️
Please leave feedback and story ideas!