Chapter 37: "Take 'em to Chruch."

Start from the beginning

"What are you waiting for? It's Christmas." Dad lifted his hands in the air. "Take 'em to church."

All the suits charged at different people. My eyes widened as I saw three people rip apart one. The remains of the suit flow off and crashed onto the ground, right below the base of the platform. It shook the whole platform. I grabbed Rhodey to keep myself steady.

"J.A.R.V.I.S get Igor to steady this thing." Dad held the railing. The ground stopped moving as it levelled out.

"So this is how you been managing your down time." Rhodey stated more then asked.

"Everyone needs a hobby." Dad shrugged. Suits were flying everywhere. "Heartbreaker! Help out Red Snapper will ya!" He yelled out to the suit. Red Snapper flew into some kind of grinder and it blew up. I gasped as the main department, probably where Killian and Pepper are blew up too.

"Dad! That's where Pepper might be!" I pointed to the department. Dad nodded, just as a suit opened up behind him.

"Nice timing." Dad complemented his suit. I chuckled.

"Oh yea." Rhodes agreed. "Give me a suit okay?" He opened his arms, ready for a suit. He looked so happy. Poor Rhodey.

"Oh sorry... they're only coded to me and Hope..." Dad stared at the excited Rhodey. Rhodes looked at him confused.

"What does that mean?" He asked.

"I got ya covered." Dad flew off. I looked at Rhodes. He grumbled under his breath. I chuckled. He looked at me.

"Where's your suits?" He asked. "I don't see any flying around."

"Dad said he doesn't want mine wrecked... he enjoyed the time we spent together making them." I shrugged it off. He was about to talk when another suit flew down and wrapped its arms around Rhodey.

"Good evening Colonel Rhodes. Do you need a lift?" J.A.R.V.I.S asked him. I smirked at Rhodey.

"Very funny." He rolled his eyes sarcastically. They flew off. I looked over to the main department and flew over the chaos. I used my magic for this. I saw Dad's suit walk into the room. I followed. I jogged up behind him and saw Pepper. Dad went to lift the metal off of her.

"Stop!" Pepper gasped in pain. "Put it down, put it down." Dad set the metal down softly. He crouched in front of her.

"See what happens when you hang around with my ex-girlfriends." Dad remarked as his usual self. Pepper closed her eyes for a moment then opened them to look at Dad.

"You're such a jerk..." she whispered to him. I chuckled with a nod.

"That's true." I agreed.

"Yea we'll talk about it over dinner." He reached out for her. Pepper reached out too. They were just a bit too far apart. Two people walked. Their skin glowed orange. I looked back at Dad.

"I got this. You just worry about her." I pointed at Pep. I shot balls of mist at them. They flew out the room as I followed. I felt myself heat up as I fought them hand to hand. I'm gonna call the first one Dickhead and the second one Bob.

I blocked a punch to the face from Dickhead and punched him in his face. I swiftly turned to Bob and kicked him on his side. I kicked the Dickhead's foot down before he could kick me. I punched him in his gut. I turned back around to Bob and uppercut him with all my strength and he fell off the railing. Dickhead used the distraction and kicked my back. I fell to my knee, but quickly got up and roundhouse kicked him in his head. He also fell off the railing. I didn't break a sweat... well because I can't get hot. I chuckled to myself.

I flew up and saw Rhodey cornered by two Extremis people. He hung on the edge of a freight container. I went to help, but I saw Rhodey shoot to wire holding the freight and he swung towards the president. The Extremis people fell off. He jumped off just as the freight fell off the remaining wires. He held onto the President that was in the War Machine suit. My eyes widened as the freight made a huge explosion beneath Rhodey and the president. Rhodes used the suit to blast the wire and the swung to the side. Rhodey landed with a summersault and shot at the other wire connected to the President. The President landed safely and turned to Rhodey. I flew over to them. I clapped as I landed.

"Rhodey... that was incredible!" I grinned at him. He smirked.

"I know." He spoke smugly. Proud of saving the President. I waved at the President.

"Evening Sir. I'm terrible sorry for meeting under the circumstances." I spoke politely. This is the only time I will ever speak like this, in front of the President.

"Well I hope to meet you and Mr. Stark properly after everything has settled." He nodded at me with a soft smile. I nodded and watched them fly off.