Missing You (Best for Last)

Matthew

Living in Canada had it's pro's and con's, just like anywhere else. It just so happened that one of those con's was the fact that they frequently got massive blizzards that shut down the whole airport. Usually this wasn't a problem.

However, you had applied to a photography position for a nature magazine based in New York. They would let you work from home, but required you visit the corporate office for the final round of interviews. You had meant to fly back the next day, but a terrible polar front had blown in and practically shut down the entire city.

Finally, two days later you were on a flight back home. You wondered how Mattie would react. The last time the two of you had been apart for so long was when you had first started dating. You hoped he wouldn't be upset about it. He did have issues with people ignoring him, not that it was his fault.

The plane finally landed, and you made the agonizingly slow departure. Once inside the corridor, you looked around for the curly-haired Canadian. Sure enough there he was, dressed in a bright red hoodie with maple leaves on it. The two of you spotted each other at the exact same time.

"Mattie!" you couldn't help but shout before running over to him.

"(y/n)!"

You wrapped your arms around him tightly as he picked you up and spun you around. He set you down, but didn't let go. Instead, you felt a pair of warm lips on yours as he dipped you into a deep kiss. Several moments passed before the two of you finally broke apart.

"Where did that come from" you asked, slightly breathless. He let out a breathy laugh, his cheeks somewhat red.

"I don't know. I guess I just really missed you."

"So you're okay then? Because I felt really terrible being gone for longer than I said. I mean, I know how you feel about people forgetting about you." He held up a hand to your cheek, a warm presence in the cold, drafty airport.

"(y/n), I trust you, and I know you'd never do something like that."

"Mattie" you felt a tear prick in the corner of your eye. Suddenly, you caught a whiff of something that absolutely ruined the moment.

"I would love to give you another hug, but I've spent two days in the airport and probably smell like something died." He gave a shrug.

"At least you brushed your teeth" he said quietly.

"Oh, being a smart alek, huh?" you said and smacked him on the arm. He held up his hands in defense.

"I'm joking, I'm joking."

Feliks

You had somehow gotten roped into being a stand-in model for none other than Flavio Vargas himself. Something about one of his models getting sick and not being able to make the trip. Being a runway model was a lot of fun, but it was also pretty stressful. You had just gotten back from Milan a few hours ago and you were exhausted. But, as always, Feliks insisted you meet up for coffee and catch up.

"How was it?" Feliks asked, sliding into the booth across from you."Tell. Me. Everything."

"I dunno... It was fun, I guess." You swirled your cup of coffee, looking down at the floor.

"You don't know? You guess?"

"Well, I mean... I feel different now that I've come back."

"Like, duh. Being a model will do that to you."

"It wasn't because I was a model for a week..."