How You Meet (2ps)

Allen

You sighed as you finished closing duties and locked the doors before heading to your car. You worked at (Random name) bar and grill. Honestly, the place had become a bit of a dive, but you didn't mind working there. In fact, the manager trusted you so much he left you to close up. Lucky you. It was around 1:00am now and you were headed to your car.

You grabbed the door handle and flinched as you realized you had forgotten to lock your car that day. 'Great, I hope nothing was stolen' you think to yourself. Your thought's were interrupted though when you opened the door, only to see a male passed out in the back seat. You screamed (who wouldn't in this situation?) and quickly grabbed the best weapon on you, your metal studded purse, and began smacking the man with it.

"Ah! What the hell?!" he shouted. The words were slurred, he was definitely drunk.

"Get the frick out of my car!" you shouted and paused your assault long enough for him to exit.

"You know doll, you're *hic* pretty cute. Ya sure you don't *hic* want me to come home with you."

"Go home you creep!" you shouted and whacked him again with your bag.

"Okay okay fine, jeez" he said and ambled off into the darkness. You shook your head. Dealing with all these drunks was certainly one of the downsides that came with the job. You climbed in the drivers seat and put your keys in the ignition. The starter fired a few times with no results. You turned your key again and still, no results. Great, that idiot probably left the door open when he got in and drained the battery.

You stepped back out into the cool night air and began flipping through your phone trying to figure out a plan. A moment later you heard footsteps approaching. Probably that idiot again.

"I thought I told you to get lost" you said in a clearly annoyed tone, not even bothering to look up from your contact list.

"Oh you did, be we thought we'd come back anyway" said a voice that was clearly not the man you had found in your backseat. Startled, you looked up to see three men who you had had security kick out earlier that night after they had gotten wasted and started harassing female customers.

"You don't look so tough without security by your side, do ya hun" the man said with an edge of menace to his voice. He kept coming closer until he had you backed up to your car. You stood petrified. Both your purse and the pepper spray attached to your keys lay inside your car.

"What do ya say, let's have some fun" the man said pressing into you. You closed your eyes, wishing you were anywhere but there. Suddenly you heard a series of sickening thuds and no longer felt the mans presence next to you. You opened your eyes to find the man from before, baseball bat in hand and red eyes shining.

"Are you okay doll?" he asked.

"Yeah" you said letting out a shaky breath. "Thanks." He shrugged.

"No need. I take out garbage like this for fun" he said with a sinister grin (well it would have been sinister is he still wasn't wasted.)

"Say... how did you know I was in trouble anyway...?" He shrugged again, slightly embarrassed.

"My jerk brother left me without a ride home."

"Well then, that makes two of us. How about we call a cab?" Ten minutes later a cab picked the two of you up. You had it go to the mystery mans house before taking you back to your own. You spent the rest of the night thinking about those piercing eyes, hoping you would see him again.

Oliver

(Disclaimer! I really have no idea what it's actually like to be an Optometrist, so this is probably pretty inaccurate. I tried, and that's what matters...! I think...Anyways, enjoy! (It does seem like a pretty neat job tho.))