First Kiss (Best For Last)

Matthew

Mattie had insisted on taking you ice skating again that day. You arrived at the ice rink around 4:00, all bundled up and prepared for the cold. The parking lot was surprisingly empty when you got there. Usually, whenever Mattie took you skating the place was packed. It was part of the reason you fell so much. You got really nervous skating around other people. You walked up to the ticket booth and asked to purchase a skating session.

"Are you, by chance, (y/n)?" the man at the booth asked.

"I am. How did you know?"

"Matthew already paid for your session. He wanted you to meet him at the rink."

"Okay" you chirped and excitedly headed to put on your skates.

"Maple, you came" Mattie said excitedly as you approached the ice.

"Of course I came. You're here, after all" you said and watched the Canadian blush. You noticed movement out on the ice and saw Kumajiro sliding around the rink. Huh, usually they didn't let pets out on the rink.

"S-shall we?" he offered his hand. You took it and wobbled out onto the ice.

"You're getting much better at skating, (y/n)" he said after a few minutes.

"T-thanks" you replied, still a little wobbly. "It helps that there aren't other people here. I get kinda nervous skating around a lot of people." He let out a quiet laugh and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah, aboot that... I kinda rented out the rink for the two of us."

"Aww Mattie. That's so sweet! But you didn't have to do that."

"I-I know that. I wanted you to have a good time though."

"What did I do to find such a sweetheart" you said and turned to smile at him. The whole time the two of you had been skating, Kuma had been sliding around the ice and generally running amok. His favorite thing to do would be to get a running start, then flop on his belly and slide across the ice. You had just turned your attention back to the ice when Kuma slid past, right in front of the both of you.

You screamed, thinking you were gonna run over the little polar bear. You stumbled on your skates and lost your balance. You held Mattie's hand tight, ready for another painful fall. Except it wasn't as painful that time. You opened your eyes and realized Matthew had fallen with you. Or rather, he had cushioned your fall. You were on top of him, your faces inches from each other.

"A-are you okay Maple" he asked, arms still wrapped around you.

"Yeah I'm okay. Are you okay? You took the worst of the fall."

"Yes I'm okay" he mumbled quietly and averted his eyes. Well, right at the moment, a scheming little polar bear slid past again. He pushed your head down. Matthew's eyes turned back towards yours, both of you completely shocked. You pulled away quickly.

"S-s-sorry" you muttered, completely embarrassed.

"(Y/n)?" You anxiously turned back to him. He closed his eyes and tilted his head up to kiss you again. His lips were a welcome change from the cold, and he tasted like maple syrup. The two of you stayed like that until you had to part for air. All the while a certain little polar bear was smugly watching his plan succeed.

Feliks

(It already happened, but I can write another one if you want...)