23

The time flew by and suddenly it was the day of the trip. Two large buses were parked in front of the school gates where Kris and you stood among the crowd, his eyes held an anxious look when he stared down at you.

“Don’t forget to visit or call my brother from time to time; he might burn the house down to ashes while I’m not there”

“I think that applies to you” he chuckled.

“Are you sure you are going to be okay? If I don’t remember wrong it’s the first time you go out of town”

The loud and hoarse voice of the teacher on charge of the bus you were assigned to make both of you turn your heads to him.

“It’s alright” you tried to convince yourself but the truth is that you were more nervous than him “I’ll call you when I get there”

“See you” he patted your head. You smiled but deep inside you expected something else.

“See you next week” you chose your words carefully, trying to make them sound as if it was going to be long until you met again; even though it was only three days. You weren’t lying; it was going to be a new week when you saw him.

As soon as you turned around you told apart the familiar silhouette of Leo going into the other bus.

“What? So he has a scholarship too?” You silently said because Kris could still hear you.

“Hey” your friend shouted before pulling your forearm quite strongly. You stumbled a few steps before his lips smashed against your cheek during less than a second until he pulled away “be careful” he lastly said; that time he turned away before you. You wanted to complain on how unfair he was and how you hated that everything he did, he did it coolly.

Little did you know about the feline eyes that were looking at you from behind the bus’ window. Leo’s jaw tensed at the same time his heart clenched when your cheeks started to burst bright red and mimic a fan with your hand to reduce the heat on your face before getting in the vehicle.

“Is somebody willing to trade a seat on the other bus? We don’t have enough room in this one” the instructor announced, capturing Leo’s attention immediately. He thought about it for a second and somehow, Hakyeon’s voice echoed in his mind effusively telling him to go.

“I am” he raised his hand to compensate the lack of energy on his voice.

“Leo? You?” the short and almost bald man couldn’t hide the surprise on his voice before clearing his throat “Well, thank you.

Leo nodded and took the backpack he had with him; he walked out the bus being followed by everyone’s stare. Mostly, fearful looks among surprised ones but nothing new to him.

Meanwhile, you were wondering why everything so unorganized, not that you were obsessed about order but how could such an important trip being so messy? Everyone was talking loudly, listening to music on their phones without earphones and there were empty seats in most part of the bus because they weren’t properly assigned and everyone had formed groups with their friends. Aside from that, you were grateful that you didn’t have to sit next to some random girl or guy in an awkward atmosphere.

It was then that you remembered that “him” was going to attend the conference as well.your eyes roamed every face nearby without popping your head out from your seat and there was only one man in the crowd. He was skinny and pale, his little face was framed by a thick pair of glasses; he had a book in his hands. The disappointment appeared too fast to avoid it but your better judgment said that he could be “user9011”.