FINAL CHAPTER [60]

Leo looked at you with a worried expression. He unconsciously held your hand tighter but you did notice it and caressed the back of his hand with your thumb to reasure him it was okay.

It had been quite a long time since you stopped texting or calling kris and he hadn't stopped by your house either. Even your brother realized so he avoided asking about him.

This time it was different. You weren't in a fight nor were you mad at each other. Both had naturally grown apart due to the course of your lives.

Last time you talked with Kris was when he told you about Charlotte's pregnancy and both's life had been hectic since then.

You wanted to talk to him and he wanted to talk to you but neither of you had an appropiate excuse to break the ice.

Both had made your choices.

"Good for him" you said with a genuine smile.

.......

You received your last pay check and as usual you transfered half of it to Kris' account. The amount you owed him for paying your tutition was far from being paid but still wanted to keep your promise.

Your bestfriend got a deposit notification from his bank and his lips curved up when he saw it was from you. He placed his phone back on the table and continued to pay attention to the meeting that was proceeded by his father.

After lots of fights with his family and after everything calmed down with the media and their stocks were stable, mr. Wu decided to finally train kris to become his succesor. The young man promised to his father that he would make their empire even bigger than Charlotte's family so that they won't have to to make those pointless arranged marriages.

"you can fire me if you don't see profit in two years" the youngest wu said to his father once they were alone in his office.

"ok. we have a deal"

after an awkward minute of silent, where both pretended to be reading documents Kris's dad finally spoke.

"what happened with that girl?"

the question caught Kris off guard.

"Charlotte? I get to see her at work very often. She is doing just fine."

"yes, poor thing having a miscarriage at such a young age and the divorce..."

the dragon rolled his eyes knowing everything was a lie "she brought it upon herself. Besides, I'm the one who was cheated on, why are you pittying her?".

"You must have threated her awfully for her to have to do that"

Kris rolled her eyes so hard they hurted.

"You're very fond of your ex daughter in law, arent you?"

"Not her. I was fond of her shares...but i was not talking about the kim's daughter. I was talking the other one"

'the other one' kris scoffed in his mind.

"why do you care? She is not a threat anymore" his son replied a little bit on edge. "she moved on and it's with someone else, I don't think she even wants to see me ever again so please. I'm asking you..." he breathed out "... leave her alone"

the bussiness man thought his son had matured a lot from the time he was a rebelious boy who didn't want to get married to a man that was willing to let the woman he loves go to someone else so that she can be happy.

But his pride wouldn't let him admit it.

"alright. She wouldn't have won against the Wu family anyways"