Hunter: My schemes

English Literature was like a Nazi torture method designed by Hitler himself.

Better not attend it or else I'd be tempted to set Mr. Jenkin's table on fire. Again. For the third time.

I was lounging on the rooftop with Cal, hacking the school's attendance system using my laptop to change both of our attendance from absent to present. Piece of cake. I could've done it in the library but where was the fun in that? It was better here, where I could disturb Cal's little piece of serene shit. It was my way of showing my love to him.

"Can you get lost?" Cal asked with a straight face.

You had to give it to him, the dude knew how to poker face like a boss.

"No, you'll miss me if I leave."

Cal gave me a look that says he wouldn't have cared even if a talking lion came here and dragged me to Narnia. He was sweet that way.

"You need to make up with Rush soon. I'm sick of you showing your annoying face here." Cal complained, taking out a piece of cigarette and lighter from his pocket.

"You really need to get yourself a girlfriend soon. You're sounding more and more like a menopausal grandma each day." I said, turning off my laptop after I was done with my work.

Cal lighted the cigarette and took a long hit, inhaling the nicotine and all the wonderful stuff that came from it.

I missed smoking. I remembered the days when the four of us boys would sneak out of the school just to get drunk and get high in the basement of my house. Those were the times when we thought alcohol and nicotine would make us look cooler. We were all idiots at fifteen, after all. Come to think of it, we were still idiots now at eighteen.

Nevertheless, I stopped smoking as soon as I got back here from Washington DC. I was sure I had already smoked ten years out of my life span when I was still an apprentice in CIA, and I realized I still wanted to live at least until my forties. This world wasn't going to get rid of my awesomeness soon.

"She's pretty." Cal said out of the blue. I knew exactly who he was referring to.

I smiled.

"She accused me of taking ego steroids. Can you believe that?" I said, remembering our conversation earlier.

"Smart girl."

I nodded.

"She is."

Cal exhaled grey smoke, filling the air with the scent of Marlboro Black.

"I feel sorry for her for having to put up with a fucker like you." He mumbled.

I laughed. Such motivational words!

"She should feel honored to be friends with this hot shot!" I said, pointing at myself like the jerk that I was.

Cal didn't look convinced.

"You still didn't tell her, did you?"

My smile was quickly replaced with grimace.

"No. And don't you dare tell her, you asshole! You almost had a slip earlier!" I said, referring to the incident after Physics class. It reminded me how Cal could be such a pain in the ass once he opened his mouth to speak.

I put my laptop to the side and brought out a small pack of M&Ms out of my pocket. I needed the sugar to keep my energy up. Cal glanced at me and raised one eyebrow.

"Still can't sleep at night?" he asked.

I shrugged.

"Nope."