Chapter 23: Hurt Sonata and The Ballad of a Broken Heart

Author's Note:

Please watch the video to know what Rush and Sky were playing during their music performance scene. They played the same music as the one on the video. Really recommend watching it because it's so hauntingly beautiful.

***

"We're not broken just and we can learn to love again."

-Pink, Just give me a reason

**

I wasn't sure what other people do after having an intense make out session with the boy they were in love with, but if that boy was Hunter Cole, you really didn't have any other choice.

"So beautiful." Hunter murmured as he gazed lovingly upon his Nutella-Banana crepe.

I fought not to roll my eyes.

"Your obsession with food verges towards disturbing level." I commented as I took a sip off my can of Sprite.

He gave me a meaningful smirk.

"It's nothing compared to my obsession with other things." He winked and I felt my cheeks blazed. Flashback of what we did earlier flooded my mind and I felt like flinging myself onto the ravine below. This boy really knew how to shut me up using his mouth.

We were back at his secret place. This was where we made the bet. Like before, he refused to eat inside Crispy Crepes because he didn't think it was worthy enough to be the venue of our first date. So here we were, sitting on the ground, eating crepes while the world continued doing its business below us.

I felt a strong sense of deja vu as I gazed upon the view. It was a clear night. The stars were shining brightly above us while the lights from houses and cars glistened below. It was almost exactly like the first time we went here. Hunter gave me his jacket earlier so I wouldn't freeze to death. Now I felt warm and fuzzy and I smelt just like him.

I guessed it was a good thing he took me here where there was nothing that could distract us. It was the perfect venue to ask him the questions that had been bugging me ever since.

I munched on my strawberry and cream crepe, looking for the perfect opportunity to open up the conversation. Hunter was busy making love to his extra large crepe to notice my anxiety.

I prepared my speech but before I could open my mouth to speak, I noticed Hunter already finished eating his third crepe and was now staring at me thoughtfully.

"What?" I asked.

"Spill it out." He said.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Spill what?"

"Whatever it is that you want to tell me."

I gaped at him.

"How did you know?"

He smirked.

"You're too obvious."

I eyed him suspiciously.