Dumbfounded

Dedicated to my loyal readers!!☺️
______________________________________

The trio entered Anya's house with Aanya's mom going to the kitchen to fetch a bottle of water. Aanya sat on the couch followed by Mayan who slumped down beside her but as soon as he saw Anya's mom glaring at him with a resting bitch face, he scooted to the edge of the couch, farther from Aanya who looked baffled at the quick movement and mumbled something close to 'weird' looking at him.

'You both have some explanation to do so why don't you start Mr.??' Aanya's mom said calmly as she stood in front of them with arms folded at her chest.

'Okay... It's kinda complicated and a long story but I will wrap it up quick. My dad and Jay's dad are business partners. Jay and I grew up together, did schooling and everything together, like brothers. Jay,I met Maira in college and soon were friends or you can say best friends for the first year at least. Then something happened and...I was put in jail for 3 years, couldn't complete my degree. Jay was sent to US for his undergrads. I came out 2 years ago and wanted to hurt Jay and his dad. I found out Jay loved some girl and I saw Maira messing up with the jewellery that day to make you look bad. I kinda got her to confess what ahe was doing and why and also convinced her to let me help her. We...planned and staged you to make it seem like you don't care about Jay and create a rift so it would be easier for everything to blow up on the wedding day but trust me...Drugging you wasn't the plan. The plan was to drug Jay and stage him with a random chick in a room. Then get you there and we knew you would be broken and call off the wedding....No marriage...Jay gets a heart break.....His dad gets embarrassed because of his '1 in a million' son and I get Revenge."

There was a silence that was eating his guts but he kept looking at the floor because he knew what was going in their minds because that question has been eating him up too

'What did Aanya get?'
His guilty thoughts were interrupted by Anya's mom

'Why did you get arrested?' Anya whispered

'Molested a girl at college' Anya gasped as she turned to look at him but what shocked her were her mother's words
'No you didn't....Right?' Her mom said as she tilted her head looking at the man softly.
'It doesn't matter...not any more.' Mayan whispered so softly still looking at his shoes that he almost looked like a puppy to Aanya.

Her thoughts got interrupted as Mayan cleared his throat, getting on his knees in front of Aanya
' okay! This ain't about me right now because it's your life that got messed up big time Anya so I am sorry and...I will talk to Jay...confess it all and redeem wha....'
'And get him back to me? And I should forget the fact that he didn't trust me? Didn't wait for me?' Aanya interrupted his rant aggressively, looking at the guy who was looking at her with a frown.

'Then...what do you want? Tell me! Give me a chance to help you please!' Mayan looked at her with determined gaze ready to say yes to whatever she asks of him but they both were rooted to their spots as Aanya' s mother spoke

'Marry Aanya Tomorrow'

The duo snapped their neck sideways to look at the lady and froze. They expected something but not this, specially Mayan.
'Maa no! What are you talking about! This is not a solution for this!' Aanya spoke dumbfounded but was cutoff by her mom

'Then what is!? Enlighten me? Everyone thinks that you and this boy slep---....! Look! I am not an orthodox woman but these people will eat you alive and we can't run away! This is our home and even if we leave this place, where will we go? And what about my parents?Your 'nana and nani'? Where will they go leaving their home because staying here in this society after this drama means torture! So you Mr Mayan will marry my daughter if you have an ounce of guilt about what you have done to her!'

The said man kept looking at the boss mom with a dumb stare...still on his knees.
_______________________________________

Thank you for reading....i am so sorry for being late... But I had a busy week friends and thought no one's waiting for this story... Life can be tough sometimes...
PLEASE VOTE GUYS...
It's UNEDITED GUYS!!!