chapter twenty nine

Start from the beginning

"Samael," as the single name left my mouth, I had both of their gazes back on me. And I was terrified just by the look on their faces.

Silas' eyes narrowed, a deep scowl on his face. His whole demeanor changed, his fists clenching tightly. But Aries barked out a quick "Lucifer?" disbelief and annoyance in his tone. He sounded murderous, like he would do something stupid. There was no way I was going to let Aries get hurt because of me. I knew they was powerful, but Lucifer was fucking Lucifer. There was absolutely no comparison.

"Don't do anything stupid," I grumbled. "I'm talking to both of you." I looked between the two of them.

"Why?" Silas asked in annoyance.

"Don't be stupid, Natalia," Aries bit. "There's no way Lucifer has laid a finger on you and I'm not going to do something about it. You know me better than that."

"Please, just," I sighed softly, pinching the bridge of my nose. I looked to Jasmine for help when my words failed me.

"You know what Lucifer is capable of, Aries," Jasmine backed me up. "I'm his daughter-"

"Your words mean nothing to me," he spat. "Because if you being his daughter meant anything she wouldn't have bruises on her fucking neck."

"I helped her!" She scoffed, losing her temper. "I helped her. I was there to help her and you weren't there. Neither of you were. So don't try to take your anger out on me, Aries. I won't take it and you know that."

Aries scowled, his eyes flickering between me and Jasmine. His shoulders dropped in defeat, a small sigh leaving his mouth. "I'm sorry, Jasmine." He clenched his jaw tightly. "How did you help her?"

"I talked him down," she said. "He was just angry that you two were sleeping with her when you were only supposed to be searching for a suitable partner for him."

"Oh, cry me a fucking river," Aries scoffed. "Natalia is ours only."

"Again," I shook my head. "I'm not an object."

"We know," Silas shrugged. "But you're still mine."

"And mine," Aries added.

My cheeks ignited in embarrassment. I couldn't believe that I flushed as they reaffirmed what I already knew. Why the fuck was I blushing? But it wasn't just in the privacy of our home. It was in front of Silas' sister of all people. And I still wasn't sure on how she felt about us even being involved.

"Does it bother you?" I turned to Jasmine, watching confusion contort on her face as the question left my mouth.

"What?" She asked.

"Me and..." I trailed off, gulping as I looked at Silas, "your brother," I finished.

"Oh," she murmured. Both of the siblings chuckled simultaneously, nearly creeping me out. My eyes switched between them. And then hell froze over-or so I thought. Maybe it did and I just didn't know. But Silas' mouth curled upward into a small, closed lip smile. I nearly felt my eyes light up in admiration as he, for the first time since I met him, smiled.