chapter twenty seven

The dinner felt incredibly strange to me as I sat between the two of them. They both had one of their hands on either one of my thighs. I enjoyed feeling the warmth of them both, wanting to be closer to them. Not even sexually, just to be close. And my mom and stepdad had no idea.

Oh, fuck. Who was I becoming? And what were they both doing to me? What I originally thought would be a one time thing with my roommates spiraled into them having dinner with my parents and they even met my friends-granted my parents had no idea of anything that was happening. But that didn't matter.

"So how long have you two been together?" My mom asked Silas and Aries.

I tried not to laugh, stuffing more food into my mouth. I chewed to preoccupy myself but caught my dad looking at me suspiciously. I sent him a smile trying to look as innocent as possible as I awaited their answer.

"A long time," Aries answered vaguely. He glanced over at Silas. "He's just...great."

"Great?" I repeated in mock shock.

"Yes," Aries repeatedly, clenching his jaw as he sent me daggers. "He's the best person I know."

I smiled softly. I knew he genuinely meant what he said about Silas. I couldn't help but find it cute, nearly gushing. I knew they shared a strong unspoken bond built on trust and mutual understanding. They loved and cared for one another deeply, whether they would admit it or not.

"That's sweet," my mother said with a gentle smile.

"I hope Natalia's been a good and respectful roommate," my dad said, immediately causing me to roll my eyes. I almost wanted to mock him. Good and respectful.

"She is," Aries said with a nod. "She's a very nice girl."

"Has she had any friends over?" My dad dug further. It wasn't any of his business, which I found annoying. But I could only guess where he was going with this even though I already knew.

"Yes. Mateo and Aimi helped me settle in on my first night," I answered for myself, down casting my eyes once I saw my dad's eyes harden. He wasn't very fond of Mateo after he caught us in bed together when I thought no one was home. Mateo had been over often prior and my parents loved him. But when my dad found out that he was fucking me and we weren't even dating, he became even more aloof. He just couldn't wrap his head around sex without commitment, according to him.

He cleared his throat, bringing my eyes back to his face. "So you've been...keeping up with your things right?"

I sent him a flat look, already knowing what he was talking about. But I refused to answer. I wanted him to say what he actually meant. He didn't need to withhold himself just because we had guests. "What kind of things, dad?"

He glanced at my mother for help that she wouldn't offer. She gave him the 'you dug your own hole, so you better get out of it by yourself' look. He looked back at me. "You know...The thing that we put you on after the...incident?"

"Oh, you mean birth control?" I asked causing him to choke. "Yes, I'm still taking the birth control pills." Not that I needed them much now anyway. I literally wouldn't get pregnant unless they wanted to impregnate me. Which, better not be anytime soon and without my consent-

"What incident?" Silas asked curiously.

"Anyway," my dad coughed, changing the subject. "How's your new job?"