Day 5

It was half past 9 when Jungkook returned. He quietly turned the knob, trying to be discreet.

"Welcome back."

He closed his eyes, afraid to turn around.

"Took you long enough to come back."

Jimin stood in the living room, his hair disheveled.

"It's not the first time", Jungkook whispered, guilty.

The older sighed, anger dissipating at the apologetic and regretful voice of his friend.

"Jungkook, you really did fucked up this time."

Before the said man could reply, footsteps were heard coming towards them.

Seokjin? Jungkook thought, scared.

But who came out was a sleepy Taehyung, rubbing his eyes while he spoke, "Kook's here?"

"Hmm", the man hummed, making his presence known, "Where else will I be."

The room went silent. Jungkook drowning in his guilt and shame, Taehyung still awaking up and Jimin... Jimin was lost. He knew he had to help Jungkook, the younger must learn how to control his anger. But.

He looked at their maknae and then at Taehyung.

But he was a kid just like them. He was not even 19 yet. He didn't know how to help his brother, he doesn't have enough experience or maturity to give Jungkook advise.

"Sit here, I'll bring you water. And then you're gonna tell us everything that went through you", Jimin ordered, coming up with a plan.

The younger nodded meekly and sat down on the sofa, Taehyung coming beside him.

"Hey", the older greeted, trying to fix his hair.

"Sorry, I was rude to you too."

Taehyung's lips quirked up in a smile seeing how regretful Jungkook looked.

"I'm used to it, we both are."

"That's even worse."

"Well, yeah. But I don't know how to make it better", Taehyung shrugged. Even though his parents were a lot better than Kook's, they were mostly away or busy. He could talk to them and ask them for help but... He didn't want to disturb them. His parents have always solved their problems themselves and taught their son the same. Not the best advice if you ask the author.

"Here, drink up, and speak."

Jungkook looked up and took the glass, gulping it down in three swallows.

"First, I don't want you to think that I'm saying all this to gain your pity or forgiveness."

"Don't worry, this is not a K-Drama. We won't forgive your rude actions just because you have a sad backstory and a pretty face", Taehyung deadpanned.

"Okay, good. I'm... I plan so much, you know", he started, rolling the glass in his hand.

"I tell myself that when I'll be angry, I'm gonna stay quiet and drink a glass of water. I say that I won't speak until I'm calm, that I'll lock myself up if I have to. But... But when I'm actually angry? It goes all drown the drain."

His friends nodded, relating to the struggle.

"You two always forgive me, and every time you do, I feel like I'm taking you both for granted, I know that I'm a bad friend to you two. I scold myself, saying how I should be better the next time but I'm never better. I don't remember my plan to deal with anger! I forget everything and the only thing that remains in my mind is to hurt someone, to guilt trip whoever is in front of me."