74

Astrid's POV

"I LOVE YOU CHRISTEN." Some fan yells.

"Wow that was loud." Ali says

"Seriously." I say as we watch the team warm up ahead of our game against France.

As the team is warming up I look at the line up in my hand to see if I did the line ups correct.

21-Aubrey Bledsoe
5-Kelley O'Hara
7-Abby Dahlkemper
4-Sam Staab
12-Tierna Davidson
8-Julie Ertz (C)
6-Morgan Brian
10-Lindsey Horan
17-Tobin Heath
13-Alex Morgan
23-Christen Press

A few minutes later everyone finishes warming up so we head into the tunnel.

"Astrid you got a moment?" Alex Curry questions

"Sure." I say then I stand in front of the camera.

"Astrid what's the thinking behind starting Aubrey Bledsoe today?" Alex Curry asks.

"Aubrey's been unstoppable in the league and she's taken that form straight through to this camp." I say. "She deserves it."

"Thanks coach."

"No Problem." I say then head into the locker room.

Once in the locker room I do my final speech then I head to the bench with the coaching staff and subs while the starters head for the tunnel. A minute later the starters walk onto the pitch, we sing the anthems, then I shake hands with the France coach while the captains do the coin toss. After the coin toss the girls have their last team huddle then they head out to their positions and kick off the game.

The first half is rather boring with both sides trying not to show their weaknesses. The second half doesn't get interesting until there's 10 minutes left.

In the 80th minute Abby dispossess Cascarino as the Frenchwoman comes into the box. Abby then sends it up field to Moe who one times it to Tobin. My wife gathers the ball then she heads up field, but as she runs past me Majri comes out of nowhere and literally tackles my Boo Bear.

Not a slide tackle, like she full on American football tackles Tobin.

Bitch.

"HEY." Kelley yells as Tobin rolls around on the ground in pain while Majri lays on top of her.

My twin then sprints to Majri, pulls her off my wife, and shoves her away.

"The fuck was that." Kelley seethes. "You could've ruined her career you dumb bitch 

The rest of the the starting eleven surround Majri so I walk over to my wife and brush some hair out of her face.

"Hi Boo Bear." I say

"I thought you'd be ripping that chick a new one." Tobin says.

"Kelley's handling that." I say. "Is anything hurting?"

"My ankle hurts."

"Alright well the AT's are here so I'm gonna go get Kelley before she gets carded." I say then move out of the way.

I walk towards the group of woman and push the French people away from my players.

"I need both Coach's here now." The ref says and points in front of her.

Corinne Diacre and I walk over and stand in front of the ref.

"Okay so Majri is getting a red card." The ref says

"Fair." The French coach says.

"And we're gonna give you two options. O'Hara and Henry are both being given Yellow cards and they will stay yellow cards if you sub them out, otherwise they'll turn to reds."

"Yeah I'll sub her." I say.

"I will too." The French coach says then we head back to our respective teams.

"How's Tobin?" I ask one of the AT's

"It's a sprain so I'd take her out."

"Okay." I say then look down at the subs warming up.

"HUERTA...PUGH." I shout then motion the two towards me.

"Yes coach?" Sofia asks as someone hands them their Jersey's.

"Sofia you're going in for Kelley and Mal you're going in for Tobin." I say and two ladies nod then put on their jerseys.

The two subs go stand by the fourth official then they wait for the numbers to be displayed.

When my twin see's her number up on the board she huffs, walks over to Sofia and taps her hand, then she angrily walks by me.

"Woah." I say then wrap my arm around Kelley's shoulder and walk with her to the bench.

I then ghost my lips over my twins ear to whisper in her ear.

"You were going to get a red so they gave you a yellow and I had to take you out. I know you're annoyed, but as your coach I need you to calm down." I whisper. "But as your sister and twin, thank you."

"Of course." Kelley mumbles. "Nobody hurt's my sister-in-law."

"I know." I whisper then kiss my twin's head. "Now sit down and have some water."

Kelley does just that so I turn my attention back to the field and see Sofia drill a ball into the back of the net off a corner giving us a 1-0 lead. The girls on the field celebrate then they get back to their positions. France restart the game only to concede again a minute later thanks to Christen sprinting through the French defense untouched then she side footed the ball around the keeper making it 2-0.

"ASTRID." Moe shouts as she walks back up field after celebrating.

I look at the midfielder and she motions for a sub so I nod then look down at the subs warming up.

"DUNN." I shout then motion the woman over to me. "You're going in for Moe alright?"

"You got it." Crystal says then she puts on her shirt and hands the sub card to the fourth official.

After her number is put on the board Moe high fives Crystal then she slowly walks over to me.

"What's wrong Moe?" I question as I wrap my arm around the youngsters.

"I'm having trouble breathing." Moe says so I lead her to the AT's.

"Alright well let's get you to the trainers." I say as the trainers arrive.

They AT's take Moe from me then I hear a cheer so I turn around and see the girls celebrating so I look to the scoreboard and see it's 3-0.

"Who scored?" I question as I sit next to Ali while the girls kick off.

"Mal." My assistant coach says then I put my hand over my mouth to cover it from the camera's

"How the fuck did France just give up three goals in five minutes?"

"No clue." Ali says. "Maybe the team is still pissed the French hurt Tobin.

"Oh you've got to be kidding be." I say as Crystal puts another one past the French making the score 4-0 in the 88th minute.

The game ends soon after that so I shake hands with the French coach then Ash and I walk around.

"Well that got outta hand quickly." I say.

"Very quickly." Ash says as we huddle with the girls on the pitch.

"Great Job tonight ladies." I say. "Pack your stuff up and let's head to Germany."