Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I walked back to my locker and met up with Halia.

"Hey girl! Long time no see!" She said smiling really big.

"Uhm... I don't know if you noticed but its been about eighty-five minutes since I saw you, thats not that long." I pointed out with a slight smile.

We both started laughing and headed to the cafeteria. We got in line and started looking around for a table to sit at. The line moved pretty fast and eventually we got up to the front. I took one look at the food and sat there questioning what it was supposed to be. I don't know what the heck it was supposed to be but I took my tray and went to get a chocolate milk.

"Okay so where did you find to sit?" I asked Halia.

"Ooh ooh Jackalin, I think we should go sit with Dylan and Kevin, can we?" She asked me with a puppy dog face.

"Uhm sure why not? Why would it even matter to me?" I asked heading over to the table.

We sat down and automatically I knew something was wrong. I mean I know it had only been a week but barely anyone was talking and Kevin had his head down on his arms.

"Uhm does anyone know what the hell this is?" I asked honestly curious.

"Its shit thats what it is." Kevin said finally looking up, his eyes looked so sad and you could tell he had been crying.

"Kevin, whats wrong?" I asked feeling kind of sad that he was crying and looked honestly hurt.

"Its his girlfriend Lydia broke up with him." Dylan answered for him.

"Oh my god Kevin I'm so sorry, it'll be okay! You deserve better than her." I said honestly feeling bad for him, I mean this kid and I were becoming friends, and I hated to see any of my friends sad and cry, its just not right.

"I know, but I just really cared about her, ya know?" He said looking up at me.

Yeah I knew exactly how he felt, I had felt the same way when my ex had broken up with me, it kind of mad me feel like I was worthless but eventually I learned that I wasn't worthless and that I would one day find someone great that would care about me. The next thing I knew Halia was poking me and giggling.

"What do you want now Halia?" I asked her.

"Well since the lunch bell rang about a minute ago, I figured you might want to go to your next class?" She asked me, well you know she kinda had a good point. I didn't wanna get a detention for being late.

"Yeah thanks Halia I kind of don't wanna miss class." I said running off towards my locker.

I got it open pulled out my science binder and book, pencil case, agenda, and laptop then ran off to class. In that class I had a sophomore and a couple of friends so I was pretty much down packed. It all was pretty boring though, we started converting things into metric units and did that the whole class. After that I had algebra of which I'll spare you the details, he basically just had us sit down and copy the board the whole time so theres never really much to say because I can't even understand. The last bell of the day rang and we all ran to our lockers. Hoping to get home as soon as possible.

After an hour long bus ride I finally got home, to find my door locked. I looked in my purse and couldn't find my key then I remembered that I haven't had it for a couple of weeks. I looked at my sister.

"Well don't just stand there like an idiot, open the door dummy!" I told her.

"Why don't you have your key Jackie?" She asked using the nickname she knew I didn't like. Just then the door opened and out popped my dads dead.

"Yeah Jackalin why don't you have your key?" He asked mocking me.

"Shut up, you know that I lost it." I answered getting aggravated.

I pushed past him and into the trailer where I went straight to my bedroom. I put my bag on the floor and took out my homework. I decided that was what I would do tonight, because if I ever wanted to get into a good college, I would definitely need to get good grades. Plus I wanted to be ungrounded for next weekend because next weekend was homecoming.

"What are you doing?" My dad walked in and asked.

"Im doing my homework, what does it look like?" I answered.

"Well good god someone get a camera in here! Jackalin is actually doing some homework! Wow this is one of the biggest days in history!" He said smiling.

"Get the hell out of my room!" I yelled at him. He didn't budge so I grabbed a pillow and chucked it at his head

"NOW!!" I yelled quite furiously. I seriously could get so mad at him sometimes it wasn't even funny.

He slowly backed away and went to make dinner. About an hour later he called me out to eat. We ate in silence because there wasn't much that had happened to tell. After dinner I jumped in the shower and got in my pjs. We then sat down and watched The Crazies. Its was pretty good I guess, just really kind of weird, and before the movie even ended I was fast asleep.

________________________________________________________________________________________

So guys what do you think? I could really use your feedback