Chapter 50 - EPILOGUE

Start from the beginning

She knew me better.

I cupped her face as gentle as I could, having her hands holding mine shortly after and my heart weighed down the courage I had been trying to keep. "Baby, I'm sorry you are not going to like this"

Her breathing quickened, eyes blinking excessively that made the shine inside them became more obvious to my sight.

"What is it, my love? What's the matter?"

Feeling her thumbs stroking on my skin, I took a few seconds more before I could spill my words out.

"My deal with the demon-" I paused, swallowing a lump in my throat. "It's broken"

I gave her the answer to one of the things I knew she was curious about as I felt the tears forming in my eyes. She had her mouth parted, forming a small gap there while the lines of worry formed on her forehead.

"Wh-what?"

"It's broken, Chae. I'm sorry"

She tightened her grip on my hands like she could already tell what was going to happen next. I was certain that she knew since it happened to her before. She had gone through everything that I was about to, alone, and that was what invited a much greater fear in her that was running along her shaky arms.

"Lisa, I-"

"Don't worry about it, baby..." I pulled her towards me, tasting her lips as my throat tightened, giving me only a short intake of breath from the panting I suffered with. "We can still work this out"

"Lisa, please..." She started to sob when I let go of the short kiss. "Don't"

"There's only one way, Chae"

"No!" She grabbed my hands off her face as her eyes sharpened. "Don't even think about it!"

"Baby, listen-"

"It took me a lot, my love" Her chin trembled. "When I died that night, it took me a lot of travelling just to find you"

"Chae..."

"Nobody is like you, Lisa" Tears coursed down her face with gut-wrenching sobs that stabbed through her chest. "I found so many Lisa out there but they are not even close"

Guilt had poisoned the garden of love I bloomed for Chae all this while once I saw her in that kind of condition; emotionally tortured with a misery that looked so unbearable for a loving, soft person like her to endure. In her eyes that were bleeding with pain, I knew Chae had always been right.

She was right about love and about the life itself. She was right about people made decisions based on what they thought was right at that point of time. She was right about nobody could be in the same time as another. It was because we were all running in our own clocks, looking for similarities in a set of differences.

Chae had been jumping to one universe to another with a hope that she could at least find a Lisa who possessed even a small fraction of the Lisa Isaac she had learned to love; me. I agreed that I had no idea how hard it could have been if I was in her shoes since it took me only one universe and there she was. I found her straight away just by one travelling.

That was why I could feel how heartbroken she might be at the time, staring at me with her cries that got heavier second by second.

"Chae, I have to. You know that"

"Lisa, please?" She leaned in until our foreheads touched, hands holding me by the nape. "Please don't leave me"

Closing my eyes, I whispered to her with the same heaviness that she had in her voice. "I'm so sorry-"