I suck in a sharp inhale and pull away from Eliza. "Thanks." I say softly. 

"Anything for you." 

I need to breathe but I feel like I can't. I feel so confined in here. 

"I need some fresh air." I stand up from the couch. 

"Take your time. I'll make some food or something." she says. 

I was so thankful for her. She would do anything and everything for me and I genuinely could not ask for a better best friend. 

I take the elevator and walk out of the apartment. When the cool air hit my face, I closed my eyes and started breathing evenly again. I let the small breeze run through my hair. 

"Lydia?" 

The sound of my name makes me open my eyes. I turn my head to my right and see Liam standing against the brick wall with a cigarette in his hand. 

"Oh- sorry. I-I forgot you were out here." 

"All good." he throws the cigarette on the ground and steps on it. I tuck my hair behind my ears and cross my arms over my stomach, then walk over beside him. 

"So, like...how are you?" he asks. 

I bite down on the inside of my cheek. "I don't want him to die." I blurt. 

"He won't." Liam states. 

"Liam he's the leader. They're going to want him more than anyone else." I explain pessimistically. 

"Okay, but he's also not an idiot. He's smart and he's strong. And I know for a damn fact that he's going to fight with everything he has because that'll mean he comes home to you at the end of the day." 

I shoot him a half smile and nod. I knew he was trying his best to comfort me, and I really did appreciate it. 

"Thank you, Liam." 

He gives me an empathetic look, because he was at risk of losing Harry too. 

And suddenly, he does something that I would have never expected someone like him to do. 

He hugs me. 

He wraps his arms under mine and hugs me tightly. I hug him back, because I knew he was hurting just like I was. 

"I'm sorry." he whispers. 

"I am too." 

I can't believe I ever doubted him. I can see why Eliza fell for him. He's a sweetheart underneath that scary exterior. 

He's stuck around with Eliza since they found out about the baby. I've barely seen him around the Kings headquarters, and now I know that he's been here with Eliza the whole time. 

Liam and I let go of each other at the same time. I inhaled and opened my eyes, feeling a little bit better due to the embrace. 

But when my eyes opened, I instinctively shouted. 

"Liam!" 

There was someone in a ski mask running up behind him with a baseball bat. 

The next moments happened in slow motion. Liam whipped around and then was knocked to the ground by the man swinging the bat. 

I tried to run at him but I was forcefully grabbed from behind. A strong, leather covered arm wrapped around my waist and a hand clamped over my mouth. 

I screamed and struggled as I was being dragged across the pavement. Liam was knocked unconscious and being picked up and dragged in the direction that I was. 

I didn't have the time to be scared because all I could feel was adrenaline. 

I'm thrown into the backseat of a car. The man who threw me in removed his grip from my mouth and waist and moved to my legs. 

I felt more hands on me, signalling to me that there were more people in here. 

"Get Payne in here, quick!" I hear a familiar voice yell through the mask. The man held a firm grip on my legs as I squirmed and flailed desperately. 

"Let me go!" I screamed and began pounding any part of his body I could with my fists. 

He quickly grasped my wrists and held them together while Liam's body was thrown next to the man and I. 

There was another man in the driver's seat, and the man who knocked Liam out got into the passengers side. 

I frantically tried to think of a way to escape, but I couldn't. 

The man holding me reaches into his back pocket and pulls out a white cloth, making me try even harder to get away from him, although I'm not sure where I'd go. 

"Don't make this any fucking harder than it needs to be." he scowls lowly. I knew that voice. The accent was so distinct and familiar. 

He wraps a hand at the back of my head and roughly grips my hair. I hold my breath as the cloth gets snapped over my nose and mouth. 

I feel my head begin to feel fuzzy due to the chemicals. I try to fight his hands off of me, but it's no use. 

I glance down at his wrist, and notice something that made my stomach drop. 

The hand was covered in tattoos, and very distinct ones as well. And suddenly, I knew exactly who this man was. 

Zayn. 

And with that, everything faded to black. 

//

vote, comment, and share!!!!