part forty six

Liam Payne

I glanced at Eliza as she stared out the window of the car.

She's been silent this whole ride. She hasn't talked to me since I picked her up.

"Are you going to say anything?" I ask in frustration.

"What the hell do you want me to say?" she snaps.

"I don't fucking know, El. Maybe something about the fact that we're going to confirm whether you're actually pregnant with my kid or not." I shrug in sarcasm.

"Maybe you should have said something when I told you instead of leaving." she rolls her eyes.

"I told you I was sorry." I mumble.

"Yeah whatever." she shakes her head.

This pregnancy has been taking a toll on us. It's fucked up everything, and I need to know for sure if this is actually happening.

So, we're on our way to get an ultrasound.

The drive has been painfully silent, and if we did talk, it was only cause we fought.

"So what are you going to do if I am pregnant? Huh? You gonna leave me at the hospital?" Eliza says out of pettiness.

I huff and grip the steering wheel tightly. "I can't bring a kid into my life right now."

She scoffs and crosses her arms. "Why? What is so insane about your life that you can't have children?" she grills.

El didn't know about The Kings. She didn't know what really went on in my life. She didn't know that I literally was almost involved in the murder of a rival gang member last night.

"I just can't." I shake my head.

"So what am I supposed to do? Raise the kid on my own?" she says in a monotone voice.

"We don't have to keep it." I reply.

She lets out a sigh and just stares blankly out the window without saying another word.

I pull the car into the parking lot of the hospital and find a stall. Eliza immediately unbuckles her seat belt and jumps out of the car, beginning to walk towards the building.

"Wait." I shout, making her stop with her back turned towards me.

I lock the car and jog up to her. She doesn't look at me or acknowledge that I'm even there.

"El-" I rest my hand on her shoulder but she quickly nudges it away, making me sigh in defeat.

We sit in the waiting room for 10 minutes before being called in by a nurse. Eliza does most of the talking, because I don't really know how to deal with strangers that aren't threatening me.

The nurse has Eliza sit in the hospital bed. I sit in an open chair beside her.

"Alright, so I'm just going to apply this gel to your abdomen and then use this probe to pass over the surface. Just keep breathing regularly." the blonde nurse says.

My palms were extremely sweaty and my heart was racing. This was about to be life changing.

The nurse applies the gel on Eliza's skin, and then uses the microphone-shaped device to rub around it. The nurse looks up at the machine that was facing towards her.

I looked at Eliza. She had her eyes closed and she was trying to keep her breath steady. I could clearly see how nervous she was.

The nurse's eyes scan the screen as we wait in anxiousness.