5

Read the author's note at end so you can request another anime to write about

I was woken up by a furious tapping on the window beside Naruto's bed, my consciousness coming back before my eyes could open properly. I sat there laying in the bed for a solid minute, not understanding what was happening or why i was being forced awake by an unfamiliar method. Finally, I opened my eyes and sat up, Naruto's grasp on me slipping so I could sit properly and see that there was an anbu awaiting me.

Quickly, I got out of the bed and opened the window, jumping out and following the masked female in all black. I was brought into a room with various scrolls of messages from other villages, only confusing me further than I already was. A woman came bursting through the door, mumbling about an urgent message that needed to be decoded as fast as possible, at which point she finally noticed me and the retreating anbu.

"Hitori, I presume? I was given your name in the event that a message needed to be decoded as  efficiently as possible," she stated, throwing an open scroll onto the table centered in the middle of the room. It was from the Sand Village.

At the realization that the urgent message was about a place I actually cared for the news of, I grabbed a separate scroll and copied down the encrypted message into common, legible kanji. As my hand moved while my eyes read the message, an unfamiliar, unpleasant feeling swelled inside of me. Panic. I looked up at the woman, as if she knew what was written on the letter, and knitted my eyebrows together in complete concern. "Take this to Tsunade," I commanded, handing it to her. She nodded and ran out of the room. Inefficient. I ran out of the room and grabbed the scroll from her, teleporting to the hokage's office as she should have learned and done at that moment I handed the scroll to her.

"Hitori? Where did you go this m-" 

I cut Naruto off, looking at Tsunade while I handed her the scroll. "Emergency message from the Sand."

Iruka, Shizune, and Tsunade read over the scroll quickly. "Oh.. my god.." Iruka mumbled, completely shocked.

"It can't be.." Shizune added, scrunching her eyebrows at the absurd information.

"Hey.. hey what happened?" Naruto butted in, having paid full attention as soon as the Sand had been mentioned just as I did before.

"The Kazekage of the Sand has been kidnapped by the members of the organization called the Akatsuki," Tsunade firmly informed, a stern look overtaking her features. "Because we have more information on the Akatsuki, it was only natural for them to be requesting our help."

Shizune jumped forth and looked toward Tsunade, "You can't be thinking to send the Team Kakashi-"

"We have no choice. This is an emergency and we cannot be pondering on who else to pick, they are available and Kakashi has dealt with them before on top of that. Hitori, you will be going with Team Kakashi, as you are open for the mission as well."

"Yes but.."

"I will now be issuing Team Kakashi with the addition of Hitori with a new mission. Go to the Village Hidden in the Sand immediately, find out what is going on, report back, then provide them back-up," Tsunade commanded, not leaving any room for argument. I only nodded, as I would have left to aid the return of Gaara either way.

I waited for Naruto to pack his small bag of unknown things that he decided to take, and when he exited his house, we jumped across the rooftops to get to the gate as fast as possible. Surprisingly, Kakashi was already standing at the gate, Sakura walking to his spot just as Naruto and I dropped in. Tsunade and Iruka both stood at the opening to the village, probably to send us off.