So this really did seem like the best solution.

Negan's chocolate eyes were on her flat tummy again as he let out a stiff sigh, before he lifted his gaze to meet hers.

"So what are we thinkin'? A he or a she?" he growled, leaning forwards, coming to hover over Blake, pressing his palms to the mattress either side of Blake's curved hips.

But Blake offered him a look.

"Negan-" she said in a gentle, warning voice. But she trailed off as the dark-haired man dipped his head, pressing a kiss to the space just above her navel.

Blake let her eyes fall closed for a brief moment, as he continued to press small scratchy kisses all the way down to her hip bone, his long calloused fingers trailed their way along the smooth skin of her abdomen too.

She lifted her hand for a moment, running her fingers through Negan's dark hair, massaging his scalp lovingly.

"I'm thinkin' its a boy, givin' his damn Momma the run around already-" Negan murmured into her skin.

But Blake gave a sigh, loud enough for Negan to lift his eyes and stare at her.

"Negan," she pressed, giving a small shake of her head. "Don't you think it's too early to be thinking about stuff like that...?"

But the bearded Saviour gave a small frown, hovering there in just his white tshirt and grey pants, his tattoos just about visible upon his tanned upper arms, as he shifted up the bed a little, coming to lean over her, his hands pressing to the space either side of her shoulders.

"Not really," Negan said blinking heavily, gazing down at her, his face a picture of seriousness. "Look I know you're fuckin' worried, Darlin', but-"

But Blake didn't let him finish, instead giving him a small shove off of her, shimming up the bed a little and lifting herself into a sitting position.

"Yeah, for good reason," uttered the blonde in a slightly strained tone of voice, frowning at the man she loved as he sat back upon his haunches, hands upon his thighs. "We don't know how any of this is going to turn out......a-and I just don't want us to get ahead of ourselves..."

Negan stared at her for a long moment before giving a nodding huff.

She could tell that he knew that she was right here.

They still had a long eight months to go, and a lot could happen in that time.

Each and every day there were risks that existed in this world that weren't around in their old lives. The dead, other communities, other leaders wanting to take a piece of what Negan needed to be careful.

But Negan, as if reading her mind spoke suddenly.

"Well that bein' said," he began, cocking his head to the side and lifting his chin slightly, pointing a finger at her. "You realise you aint leavin' my sight from now until that kid pops out of you, we clear?"

But at his words, relaxing a little, Blake at once wrinkled her nose, making a face.

"Wow, did I ever tell you you really do have a way with words sometimes?" she tutted, rolling her eyes.

But she knew what he meant. And if Blake had thought he had been possessive before, she really had no idea what he would be like knowing his own flesh and blood was currently growing side of her.

"I try," he muttered in sarcastic tone, a wicked grin fixing itself to his face, as he leaned forwards once again, his hands threading themselves through Blake's as he pinned her back against the bed.