chapter 3

Barry looked up at jimmy after closing down his tablet and said "you guys want me to fill out paperwork here then go to the commissioners office to be brought onto the force and work here. Am I right?"

Jimmy was shocked as to how accurate Barry was and said "why, yes you are. But how did you know?" Barry smiled and said "I developed very good hearing throughout my life, mostly my childhood." Jimmy then said "the paperwork here shouldn't take very long. Maybe half an hour." Barry nodded his head and said "that's no problem for me. I'm just more nervous about meeting your commissioner."

Jimmy nodded his head and said "if you finish the paperwork, I will tell you about commissioner Gordon." Barry nodded his head, turned off his tablet, and put his left hand into his pocket and was starting to fiddle around with an object he had. Jimmy brought Barry into the office and helped him get started on the paperwork. Telling him where to sign and what to initial. All in all, the paperwork took no more then 20 minutes.

Jimmy filed the paperwork into the system and then said "I noticed you were fiddling with an object in your pocket. May I ask what it is?" Barry was a little hesitant but pulled it out of his pocket. Barry opened his left hand and showed Jimmy that he had a little die cast Thomas the tank engine figure.

Jimmy had a little smile on his face and asked "is that to help you relieve stress?" Barry just nodded his head. He then said "shall we get going to the commissioner. I'm sure they will want to see me very urgently."

Jimmy nodded his head and said "yes, best not to keep her waiting. Follow me please." With that said Barry followed Jimmy to the garage where the cars were.

Jimmy opened his driver door. Barry just hopped into the back seat and buckled in. Jimmy was a little confused, seeing Barry in the backseat. He asks "why are you sitting back there? you could sit in the passenger seat." Barry replied "I know I could but it's not proper for a civilian to be in the passenger seat, only officers can sit up front." Jimmy smiled and said "I understand your thinking now. Let's go to the Commissioner."

Well everyone, another chapter, another update. I do apologize for the delay, been busy with life and what not. Please read and review.

Authors note
Well everyone, here I am with my first author note for this story. I know I haven't been updating as much on either of my stories. I've been busy with life and balancing my sanity with my insanity. On my other story, I received my first mean comment, or as people put it a flame review, it has shook me up a little bit. I am trying to make sure that I don't make the same mistakes as the before. Apparently, one of the chapters in my other story wasn't as realistic as expected.

As much as I love getting reviews, I would greatly like some helpful feedback as to what can help the story move along. I will no longer be taking any mean or rude comments or reviews. If I receive any more, I will delete the review right on the spot.

I know a lot of you other authors agree with me when I say that flame reviews suck big time. I will try to work on updating both stories as soon as I can.

I hope all you readers enjoy my stories. Please suggest any story ideas you think I can do. I'm open to suggestions. If you do suggest something, please include thorough detail as to what you would like the story to be.