Chapter 7

Barry sat outside his residents awaiting Alicia for the ride to work, which he didn't have to wait long. Alicia pulled up to the door, stopped, put the car in park, got out and walked around the car to let Barry into the back. Upon the door being opened, Barry slipped Alicia a $5 bill as thanks and got into the car. Alicia looked at the bill and replied "as much as I appreciate the generosity master Barry, this is most unneeded. Also, please give me a call after your shift is done, and we will drive you to the dealership to purchase yourself a car. Me and master Bruce will be there with you to settle payments."

Barry was completely awestruck at how he is basically getting everything handed to him on a silver platter but the he started to work up the courage to speak what's on his mind. Alicia caught onto this and responded with " Master Bruce said that he wants to buy you the car so you can drive yourself to work. He has also set up a backup plan for you in case things get difficult to afford for you. His mind and heart is in the right place master Barry, so please don't think that you are being giving everything handed to you on a silver platter."

Barry nodded his head and sat back knowing that he is just being looked after. He sat back in the seat and relaxed as Alicia drove him to work.

After a 30 minute drive, Alicia pulled the car over, got out and opened the door for Barry, who then stepped out. He thanked Alicia for the drive and gave her another $5 bill. Barry then said "thank you so much for the ride Alicia, I'll call you once my shift is done." Alicia nodded her head and proceeded to enter back into the drivers seat, but not without getting gawked at by the fellow guards and a few wolf whistles.

Alicia paid them no heed and resumed her duties. She got back into the car and proceeded to drive back to the manor.

Barry walked through the min entrance to Arkham Asylum and then proceeded to walk to the main building to report in for duty. After figuring out where the guards station was, Barry got into the locker room, proceeded to change into his work uniform and he got his side satchel ready of all the supplies he will need for all his patients. After double and triple checking all his supplies and gear was accounted for, he closed his locker door and proceeded to walk to the bosses desk.

After a 2 minute walk, Barry stood at attention for the captain of the guard to address him, but what Barry didn't expect was that the commissioner was there as well to welcome Barry aboard and personally assign him the more dangerous female inmates. Commissioner Gordon then said "Welcome aboard Barry, here is your list of inmates you are personally responsible for. You may attend to them in any order you see fit." The captain of the guard also stated " I expect a daily report from you on the progress from each and every one of your patients."

Barry nodded his head and saluted the captain and the commissioner, then proceeded to the cell floor while also composing himself of what to say to the inmates.

On the cell floor, Harley Quinn got a glimpse of Barry and started to cat call and tease herself while saying " hey cutie, come on over here and let me show you a great time, over and over again."

Barry didn't even acknowledge the statement and he walked to the centre block of the room and then said " Hello there ladies, I'm the newest guard here and I've been assigned to each and everyone of you to help address what it is that has made you all turn to crime, no matter how severe. I personally promise I won't treat you all like criminals but like actual human beings, whether you have powers or not. If all of you promise to behave and cooperate, I might be able to make quick progress on each of you."

Killer frost then said " and why should we do that? The bat put us in here, what difference are you gonna do that no one else here can?"

Barry turned his head towards killer frost and then said " cause unlike most of the guards you have had attending you, I will be calling you by your real names and treat you like human beings."

Killer frost nodded her head then turned herself round to hide the growing blush on her cheeks. The blush didn't go unnoticed by Barry as he then said 'Does that idea sound pleasing to you, Caitlyn Snow?' Frost then nodded her head as her blush became more and more deeper. She turned her head and body away to hide the blush.

Harley Quinn then piped up and said 'How in the hell did you manage to make Frosty over there blush, she is usually cold as ice and doesn't even bat an eyelash towards others?' Barry then turned towards Harley and responded ' Well miss quinzel, I was raised to be a gentleman with a saying that goes 'manners markets man' and iced carried that saying with me my whole life.'

Harley's mouth dropped open and replied ' How did you know my original last name, i never spoke about that to anyone?' Barry then said 'I read your psyche evaluation and read your entire background. I did that for everyone here.'