"Are you okay, son?" my father asked me as he entered the office. I looked up to him from the piles of papers in my desk. "You've been quiet since we got home from Diana's."
"Im okay, Dad. Im just thinking." I answered him. I stood up and made my way to the sofa. He took a bottle of whisky together with glasses and followed me. We sat down and I poured him a glass.
"What is it?" my Dad asked as he swallowed the drink. I followed suit. I love the burn it gave my throat and for a while, I forgot what I was about to tell him.
"I found my mate."
"Thats great! Congratulations, son!" my father took me in his arms and hugged me. He tapped my back for few times before he let go. The smile fell from his face upon seeing my face. I know I didnt show any kind of recognition that Im happy. The thing is, Im actually devastated. My mate is a male. I cant give the pack a heir anymore, unless, I get a she-wolf to carry my child. But I promised myself to only have a child with my mate. All my dreams of a perfect family shattered the moment I laid my eyes on my male mate.
"Man." I whispered. I gripped my legs to minimize the trembling of my hands.
"What man?" my father asked in full curiosity. "Your mate is a man?" he asked. Understanding the situation. I nodded in response. I was afraid to even speak. "Its okay, my son. Its okay if he's a male." he patted my head which I bowed unconsciously. I felt like I became a child again in his embrace. I sniffed and closed my eyes.
"Dad. What should I do?" my father continued petting my head which is in his shoulder. I closed my eyes to calm myself.
"Claim him. Thats what you should do. Dont reject him because he's a male. Dont pressure yourself in giving this pack a heir. We can have a surrogate for that." my father said.
"But Dad, I promised myself that I'll only have a kid with my mate."
"So changed that. You cant reject your mate because of that. Its important and beautiful and romantic but the circumstances doesnt allow you that."
"I know. Its just hard, Dad. I've created a perfect family in my mind. All these time, Dad. I imagined my mate to be a female. I'll take care of her as she gets big from carrying our pups. I prepared myself when I get to deal with her tantrums. I imagined eating with her when she started her weird cravings. Kiss her swollen tummy and read for the pups. Everything drained the moment I laid my eyes on him, Dad."
"Its okay, son. Im sorry for that but dont reject your mate because you wont be experiencing all those things with him. Anyway, who's your mate? Where have you seen him?"
"Its Devin dad. Diana's future brother-in-law." shock was written in my Dad's face. Yes. Thats the same reaction I had when I saw him.
"You're in one hell of a ride, son." my father burst out laughing. "Oh God. This is going to be fun!"
"Dad!"
"Come on, son. Its fun. Both of you are Hulk-like. Now, I wonder who'll top who."
"Of course, I'll be top, Dad."
"Im not so sure, son. Have you seen the man? He reeks dominance. And dont forget how you just gone and did what he told you to do the last time. We were actually surprised. We know you. You dont take orders from anyone but you did what he told you."
"Its like you're saying that I lack dominance, Dad. And I was out of my mind then."
"No. Thats not what I mean. Sure your aura is intimidating and everything. But his' is another level. He tops you. I bet on that." my Dad chuckled and took another shot of whisky. "Oh my Goddess. My son will take it up in the ass!"
"DAD!" I can feel my cheeks burn from embarassment.

I'll show you, Dad. I'll top him.