chapter seven

the guard had greg dewey locked up in luke's basement so allie wanted everyone to go to the church.

tori walked in late but she found a seat next to bean.

"hey, everyone. um... i just... i'll keep it brief. i just wanna... give you an update on everything. um... everything... that's happened. there was an arrest this morning. greg dewey. um... we're keeping him in an undisclosed location until we figure out... what happened, you know, and if there was anyone else involved. we're taking care of him. making sure he has everything he needs. cassandra... i know she would've wanted that, so..." allie told everyone.

after the meeting was over, tori saw harry and she went up to him.

"hey." tori said catching his attention.

"hey." harry said with a warm smile.

"can i talk to you, in private?" tori said seeing campbell was standing beside him.

"i'll catch up with you later, man." campbell said leaving the two of them to talk.

"what's up?" harry asked her.

"is he giving you drugs?" tori asked him.

"who?" harry asked.

"campbell. i know you're getting high." tori told him.

"it's just to forget about everything, i'm sure you can understand that." harry said.

"yeah, unfortunately i can. i just don't want you falling apart like i almost did." tori said before she walked away from him.

-

everyone was asked to go to the church since dewey was being put on trial.

harry found a seat next to tori since she was sitting alone.

"if richie sees us sitting next to each other, he'll kill us." tori told him.

"i don't care what he thinks." harry replied.

allie was the judge, helena was going to be defending dewey so it seemed fair, and gordie was going to be showing the evidence against him.

"okay, let's start. hello? that works." allie said testing out the microphone.

"so, um... i think when you do something for the first time, part of you thinks that you're just pretending. i'm not this person, i'm just putting on the clothes. and this is so weird. i mean, we've all seen it on tv, but... actually, i think that just makes it worse. a week before my sister died, um... i was complaining about how crazy it was that we had to take care of everything. you know, everything was our decision. and she was like, really? well, alexander the great conquered the whole world when he was our age. so... which was kind of annoying of her. well... we own it all now. the good and the bad. and it's for real. this is the trial of greg dewey, who is accused of the murder of cassandra pressman the night of june 23rd. gordie will be the prosecutor. helena is defending dewey. and you guys have to listen to everything carefully. and at the end of the trial, you'll decide if he's guilty or not. everyone got it?" allie asked.

the trial began with gordie showing them the bullets.

"those were found near cassandra's body on the morning after she died. i found them. they're the two casings to the two bullets that killed her. not the actual bullets. you know the casings get ejected after each bullet is fired. the casings remain intact. if you notice, they have a headstamp which indicates that they were made by a particular manufacturer. it's a company called precision target. i mean, they have PT on each of them. now, this it the gun that was found when the guard raided dewey's house. now, there's two bullets missing from the clip, and the bullets that remain have a visible headstamp. PT. they match exactly the bullets that killed cassandra." gordie said.