Chapter 1: Normal life - under re-write

"Katya!" My mum's voice tore me from the land of sleep. It's the one time that they know you're not going to be listening out for them, but they still persist. It annoys me to no end! "School!" she yelled up.

"Eargh" I groaned rolling from my side to my back. "Can't I skip it?" I asked.

"No!" She yelled, her voice getting louder as she got closer, clearly preparing to drag me out of bed. "Your dad wants you to go to school to set a good example for the pack." she demanded, now standing just outside my door.

"Why me?" I asked. "Why not James?" I groaned pulling my disgruntled groaning body out of my cozy, cushiony, soft, smooth..

"Katya!" she yelled, snapping me out of my longing trance. "You're my only daughter, you have to set an example for your pack and your brothers" My mum called up.

I have 4 brothers. James is the oldest so he gets the Alpha title, and Ryan, Morgan and Andrew are forced to be enforcers in the pack, since James didn't pick any of them to be Beta or Delta *he he*, though if anything happens to James, the position will pass to me. If my parents died, I would of had to take over as Luna until James found his mate because I'm his only sister and his twin. I'm technically the second highest raking female in the pack... but I still have to go to school...

I pulled on some pale-blue jean shorts, a creamy-white tank top and some slip on shoes that were a pinky-nude colour. I don't always wear such a small amount of clothes but with the body heat of a shifter and the blaring sun, it's almost unbearable to wear anything more, especially the closer I get to my 18th birthday.

Once I got out I grabbed the money dad left me for lunch, breakfast and dinner. There was also a little extra as a sorry from my dad, as he was going to The Wolf Mate Games early to make sure everything was set up safely and felt bad for abandoning me with my mum. 

I put the cash in my pocket, grabbed an apple then slung my bag over my shoulder.

I volted the door of my white Audi, immediately regretting it when I landed awkwardly, almost breaking the gear stick, before slipping into my seat properly and leaving for Imogen's.

Imogen was the daughter of the current Beta and sister of the soon-to-be Beta, as James had preferred our cousin over his own siblings. We had essentially been raised together so there weren't really any hard feelings, at least that I could tell.

Instead of opening the door and sliding in, she also decided to volt the door and slung her bag over her shoulder, into the back seats. She had a lot more finesse than I did, making it look cool rather than painful. She landed in a crouched position with her two feel perfectly on my lush leather seats, causing me to let out a small growl.

"Did you hear that the prince is coming to The Wolf Mate Games?" She asked me, sliding her legs down and ignoring my reaction, she could be a real fan girl at times. She pulled on her seat belt and put her feet on the dash board. "Aparently his wolf has been bugging him and telling him that his mate will be there." she told me grinning like crazy and wiggling her eyebrows. "I don't want him though, I want a Beta." she said greedily as I swatted her foot down so that we could leave.

I cast her a quick sideways glance then turned my eyes back to the road and put my car in gear. "Why not an alpha?" I asked.

"'Cause I've met your brothers." She groaned causing me to laugh. 

"Yeah, that's understandable, maybe I should be aiming for a Gamma so that I can be in the same pack as you?" I sniggered.

"Honey, you are far to fabulous to date a Gamma." she announced dramatically. "You're gonna be a queen!" She cheered before dropping her tone. "I mean, you still have to bow down to me though..." She muttered and I laughed.