First Crush (Pt.1) (Red x Reader)

(Narrator's pov)
"Let's talk about our first crushes!", Crystal cheered wanting to spark some drama in the Pokedex holder group.

"First crushes? Oh that sounds like fun!", Blue giggled placing her hat on Silver's head.

"Noisy woman.", Green growled in annoyance.

Everyone was fine with the idea but Gold knew exactly who to pick on first, "Hey Red why don't you start?"

Everyone soon turned to the red eyed teen and in an instantance his cheeks matched his name. He began chuckling and started to softly slap his cheeks to hide his blush, the girls started egging him on to confess while the boys snickered at his embarrassment.

"Tell us Red! Now we have to know!", Yellow pleaded pulling her tall friend back to the living room.

"Aww does that mean that Yellow was your first crush this whole time?", Gold teased throwing a couch pillow at his friend.

Red sighed and looked out the window as he recalled a long time crush he had long so forgotten. He hit Gold on the head with the pillow he had thrown at him and took a seat next to him to confess to his friends.

"I-I had a crush on...on my next door neighbor.  She was...well the only girl that actually accepted me for me, I've been a fighter...since well since I was a child. So none of the other kids wanted to play with me because I was always to rough and had a violent tendency to fight others so I was always alone until I met her.", Red sighed recalling your sweet little face.

*Flashback, six years old*
Red noticed the moving truck pulling into the once vacant house next door to his, he got excited feeling that he could have a battle with his neighbor if they had a child but the moment you stepped out of your family car he was awestruck. You looked about his age and you seemed like a very sweet and kind child, but your smile...oh how your sweet glowing smile made Red's heart beat. Your sweet (e/c) eyes met the red ones of your curious neighbor watching you from the other side of the fence and you eagerly ran up to greet him. You jumped onto the fence scaring Red back but smiled seeing your young nieghbor.

"Hi I'm (Y/n)! Nice to meet you.", She cheered hopping over the fence.

Red was shocked to see this strange girl so forward with him, a stranger, but she was very excited to see the young Raven haired child before her. Poliwhirl emerged and attacked the young child with a weak water gun that got her parents attention. Her parents rushed to the noise but only found their daughter soaked and laughing at the Poliwhirl.

"You're so strong Poliwhirl and so protective of your partner and it's great. I'm sorry to scare you.", You smiled reaching out your arm to him with a smile.

Little Red hesitantly reached for your hand and smiled as you helped him to his feet.

"I-I'm Red.", He cheered, "I'm sorry for Poliwhirl, we didn't mean to hurt you."

"Oh it's okay! If Poliwhirl wants to fight then my partner Froakie will gladly fight you!"

*Flashbacks end*

"Oh great so two dorks with a strong drive to have pokemon fights, how did you two not end up together?!", Silver groaned.

Red chuckled to himself recalling how he ended up losing you, "It's because I left. When I started my journey at 11 we had stopped talking and when I came back from the indigo league her parents told me that she had went to study abroad in her home region.", he admitted chuckling to the last conversation he had with her.

Yellow noticed the sad look on her friend's face but she wanted to know more.

"What happened after that Red?", Yellow asked.

"Umm well, we were neighbors for like five years and I started to love her more and more, day by day it seemed like I was just their to protect her but then I got the Pokedex. I wanted to learn more about Pokemon and meet new people but...before I left we had a fight.", Red sighed recalling your tears from that night, "We were eleven how was I supposed to understand that she had a crush on me. When I told her I was leaving I had seen her cry for the first time. She got mad at me...and so we left after an argument but I felt bad so I told her to wait up for me since we both had something to say to one another....but that was like four years ago and she never came back in the end."

The female Dex holders started crying from the cruel story and even decided to quit the story telling. Red seemed a bit sad for the rest of the night until he headed home, he noticed the lights from his neighbors house still on but sighed in disappointment.

"Not like she'll ever come back.", Red whined walking into his lonely home.

His Pikachu whined at his sad face and quickly wiped away the tears that threatened to fall from his trainers red hues.

"I-it's okay bud, I'll be fine just a little sad remembering her.", Red sighed, "I guess I made you wait for me...so it's only fair that I wait for you huh (y/n)."

Red drifted off to sleep soon after, tears stained his face as the name (Y/n) slipped past his lips.

*In another region*
"Ahhchooo! Geez someone has to be talking about me this is the eighth time I've sneezed since the morning!", A (h/c) haired teen joked, "I wonder who's thinking about me so much?"

The airport was lively today as people boarded and unboared the boarded the planes, today a certain champion would be going home. A home that she had long forgotten off in Kanto.