Childhood Jealousy (Jealous! Red x Reader)

(Red's pov)
(Y/n) was extremely kind and very adaptable, she could get along with anyone even if they were the polar opposite of her, and her smile was ridiculously contagious which is why I liked her so much. We had been best friends since childhood but I noticed that lately you had been hanging around Green alot. You would cancel plans with me and it even started to bug Pika.

"What's so great about Green anyways? He's too serious for a relationship with someone like (Y/n)!", I complained to my friend Yellow as I plopped onto her couch.

"Maybe that's what (Y/n) wants. No offense but the only time you're ever serious is during a battle. You'd probably care more about battling than loving her.", I glared at my blonde haired friend from the couch as she brought snacks, "It's just a thought."

"Maybe she doesn't like me. My urge for battles probably made her hate me.", I sighed.

"You'll never know unless you go talk to her. Go tell her that's what I'd do.", Yellow smiled.

I grinned back at her as I walked to the front door, Yellow was right I needed to tell (Y/n) my feelings. Areodactyl gave me a ride to the Viridian Gym where I'm sure they were. Just like I guessed they were, Green was in the middle of a gym battle as (Y/n) watched from the stands. Pika ran up to her in pure joy, age giggled as she hugged my excited little partner before looking up at me. I blushed when my red hues met get gorgeous (e/c) ones.

"Hey (y/n) long time no see.", I smiled trying to play it cool.

"Hey Red. It sure has been a while huh?", She giggled patting the spot next to her on the bench.

I blushed lighty as I took a seat next to her. She seemed so intrigued with this battle she seemed to instantly forget I was there. I frowned as I got even more jealous about how you looked at Green. Soon the match was over and Green was victorious, the trainer thanked him for the battle and quickly ran off to the pokemon center.

"Yo Red long time no see.", Green smiled.

I grinned back at him and waved hello. (Y/n) startled me when she suddenly stood to her feet and glared at my best friend.

"Now it's my turn! You promised you would battle me after that challenge and don't you dare flake on me!", (Y/n) huffed as she puffed out her cheeks, she looked a super cute Emolga that had its cheeks filled with berries.

Green smiled as he patted your head softly and gave you a stern no. You immediately became sad and it hurt me since you never looked sad. I jumped in front of Green and smiled at you.

"Hey I know how about you battle me? We haven't had one in a while it'll be fun!", I cheered pulling off the goofiest smile ever.

You smiled back at me and nodded. We both took our positions on the field I called out Pika while you called out your Monferno. I promised myself I'd hold back on you but personally I don't think I can.

"All right Red here I come! Inferno let's go Flame Thrower!"

Crap here are we go. Please hold yourself back Red!

(Timeskip I can't do battle scenes sorry!)
Our pokemon struggled as our battle came to an end your Monferno struggled to hold back my Pikachu's electroball and I was far too lost in my battle craze to think about anything else. As Pikachu came closer to your Monfero I ordered one last attack, Pikachu used Iron Tail sending Monferno flying back. I smiled at my latest victory until I noticed you disappear from your spot. You ran to catch your partner before he collided with the wall, I watched as you winced in pain from contact and I felt my heart sink. I had just hurt you.

"(Y/n)!!", I cried as I ran to your side.

You winced as you tried to move but smiled seeing that your partner was safe. Monferno whined seeing you hurt but you smiled and petted his cheek to comfort him.

"(Y/n) I'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean for this to happen! I didn't mean for you to get hurt I-I i-it just happe-"

"(Y/n)! Are you alright?!", Green yelled worry laced in every word as he ran up to us, "Red what did you do?!"

I felt guilty from the bottom of my and watching Green help you made me snap. I wasn't meant for someone like you, Green was way more capable of being your boyfriend than I was. I stood to my feet and took one last look at you before I ran out of the gym, I couldn't stand to be near you after what I had just done. I hurt the girl that I loved most.

(Y/n's pov)
Green quickly healed my injuries and restored Inferno's health, I was worried about Red so I went to find him. He looked so sad when he ran away from me and I had to know why. Inferno caught your scent and lead me to the Viridian forest, I quickly sprayed some repel on me to scare off low level pokemon as I searched for Red.

"Red! Red where are you!? Red please answer me!", I screamed through the brush as Inferno swung from the trees searching for you.

Soon Inferno started screeching and pointed to the lake, I quickly ran towards it. I noticed my red eyed friend sitting quietly on a log and frowned when I noticed his body trembling, Red was crying. The always happy go lucky Red was crying because of me. I quietly snuck up behind him and covered his eyes with my hands.

"Guess who?~", I purred in a sing song voice.

Red moved my hands away and started walking away from me, I quickly followed behind him.

"Go away.", He mumbled.

"No."

"I said go away (Y/n)."

"And I said No."

"(Y/n) just go away and go back to Green! Why would you want to be here with me when your boyfriend is back at the gym waiting for you!", Red finally snapped as he turned around and yelled at me.

I quickly took this opportunity to embrace him and snuggled my face against his chest. He was tense at first but eventually he hugged back.

"Why do you think Green's my boyfriend?", I asked.

"Because all you've been doing is hanging out with him lately and he treats you like his girlfriend.....plus you don't look at me the way you look at him.", He pouted as a blush spread across his face.

I sighed and pulled his collar down towards me until his lips were pressed against mine. I could feel the heat radiating off his face as I continued to kiss him, soon I pushed him away and smiled at his embarrassed expression.

"The reason I've been with Green is so he could help me with up the courage to confess to you. I can't look at you the way I look at him because every time I look at you I start to blush uncontrollably and I can't even muster out words.", I admitted as my face heated up.

"Wait.....s-so you like me?!", Red freaked as his face started up match his eyes.

I nodded and smiled sheepishly as I looked anywhere but his eyes but that ended when I felt his lips pressed against mine. I squeaked as my childhood crush kissed me but boy was I happy about it. Red glomped me in a tight hug and smiled.

"I love you (Y/n).....please be my girlfriend?", He asked as he pulled away from the hug.

"I'd love to.", I smiled as he kissed me once more I smirked as I stared into his eyes, "You're cute when your jealous."

Red's face exploded into a huge blush when he realised he was caught and he started blabbering out words that I couldn't even understand. Eventually he calmed down and treated me to dinner as both a first date and an apology for throwing me towards a wall. Red was so cute sometimes but I can't believe he let jealousy keep him from confessing to me. Oh well at least he has me and I have him, plus he's a great kisser so that's a bonus!